Autumn 2018 service changes/cuts

Bus and Coach operations, new or changed services and timetables for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
AdamH

Re: Autumn 2018 service changes/cuts

Post by AdamH » 20:58 Monday 1st October 2018

DD12 wrote:
19:58 Saturday 22nd September 2018
I was very surprised today, to see on the First website, a further change to the 363 from September 30th !!
If my reading is correct, the (mon-fri) 10.55 from Upton to Worcester is replaced by one at 11.30.

However, it appears to be the 363 that still arrives at Ryall at 10.50, same as now, but it will then go as a 363 as far as Panes Garage "only".

It looks POSSIBLE to me that it will allow the driver a half-hour break on the Hanley Road car and lorry park before doing the 11.30.

IF my "guess" is right, - has this ever been done before at Upton ? ( - Adam ?) ??
I've seen a copy of the new running card and this change is now in effect. Yes, the driver gets a break in the car park at Upton, but the worry is that if they don't get a full 30-minutes they will be over their driving hours by the time they finish that part of the duty. The length of the break is 33-minutes so normally it shouldn't be a problem, but at the moment there are the mother of all roadworks between Ryall and the bridge, so I can foresee problems.

DD12

Post by DD12 » 13:00 Wednesday 3rd October 2018

Another new change from next week, is a Wednesday + Friday short working of the 54 between Worcester and Littleworth.

(Now on the First Worcestershire website).

DD12

Post by DD12 » 19:56 Friday 5th October 2018

AdamH wrote:
20:58 Monday 1st October 2018
DD12 wrote:
19:58 Saturday 22nd September 2018
I was very surprised today, to see on the First website, a further change to the 363 from September 30th !!
If my reading is correct, the (mon-fri) 10.55 from Upton to Worcester is replaced by one at 11.30.

However, it appears to be the 363 that still arrives at Ryall at 10.50, same as now, but it will then go as a 363 as far as Panes Garage "only".

It looks POSSIBLE to me that it will allow the driver a half-hour break on the Hanley Road car and lorry park before doing the 11.30.

IF my "guess" is right, - has this ever been done before at Upton ? ( - Adam ?) ??
I've seen a copy of the new running card and this change is now in effect. Yes, the driver gets a break in the car park at Upton, but the worry is that if they don't get a full 30-minutes they will be over their driving hours by the time they finish that part of the duty. The length of the break is 33-minutes so normally it shouldn't be a problem, but at the moment there are the mother of all roadworks between Ryall and the bridge, so I can foresee problems.
Thanks Adam, - this is exactly the sort of insight and interesting info / commentary, that you've been giving us on here for several years now, and we will really miss it - ( - I'm hoping you've changed your mind about leaving :cry: )

As for Upton, I could not believe the volume of traffic, the other morning, from the Hanleys and the Malverns, heading for Upton Bridge and the road-works !

MattW

Post by MattW » 16:51 Monday 8th October 2018

I avoid Upton totally at the moment, unless its before 6.30am. I'd normally come home from work that way and use several of the shops, but no fear at the moment!

Return to “Services, Routes and Timetables”