"along the Salt Road" !

Bus and Coach operations, new or changed services and timetables for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
ANDREW

Re: ...... "along the Salt Road" !

Post by ANDREW » 12:37 Saturday 23rd June 2018

32067 and 33404 on the 144a late this morning. :mrgreen:

Matt

Post by Matt » 22:28 Tuesday 26th June 2018

After browsing the forum/site for a while I've finally created an account.

Just wondering, it seems the destinations displays on the Volvos have been reprogramed when their vinyls have been applied to single-line destination only.

Anyone have any information why and whether they're likely to be re-done with the scrolling via line at a later date?

I had noticed when following one that the scroll appeared to stick/refresh during cycle so maybe they're waiting for a software update?? :roll:

SEVERNLINK

Post by SEVERNLINK » 11:15 Thursday 28th June 2018

Matt wrote:
22:28 Tuesday 26th June 2018
After browsing the forum/site for a while I've finally created an account.

Just wondering, it seems the destinations displays on the Volvos have been reprogramed when their vinyls have been applied to single-line destination only.

Anyone have any information why and whether they're likely to be re-done with the scrolling via line at a later date?

I had noticed when following one that the scroll appeared to stick/refresh during cycle so maybe they're waiting for a software update?? :roll:
Welcome Matt.
I'd noticed that too.Maybe didn't look too good with all the new livery etc with the scrolling seeming to stick and then refresh.Would be interested to know what display options are available from someone more knowledgeable on the subject ;)

lrew120585

Post by lrew120585 » 17:55 Thursday 28th June 2018

Having used the software to program destinations for my current employer, I can say that First Midland Red are miles away from using the displays to their full potential. There are lots of little tools and tricks which they don’t use, however DDA restrictions bar use of some of it. The argument is they should be clear and give reasonable instructions.

SEVERNLINK

Post by SEVERNLINK » 05:39 Friday 29th June 2018

AdamH wrote:
19:45 Wednesday 13th June 2018
ANDREW wrote:
10:51 Wednesday 13th June 2018
If my eyesight is correct , there only appear to be the new green signs in Bromsgrove bus station and in Droitwich. I have not ventured further south than Droitwich or indeed past the top of Golden Cross Lane in Marlbrook on the "Saltroad" though. 8-)
Only a few have been done so far. The guy who attends to bus stops only does that job part-time and he is also helping to run the 4 launch events, so the stops won't be done over night as there are over 100 of them. I believe he's up his ladder again on Thursday.
Spotted the man with his ladder yesterday :o I was driving up Broad Street and noticed a new sign then drove a but further and saw him about to do the one by Sainsburys.

I see one has gone up on Crabtree Lane by the multistory car park.I know there's a bus stop marked on the road there or atleast buses only as its where the likes of Cofton and MRD sometimes park up but never seen a sign.
Have just checked traveline and it is indeed shown as a stop am pretty sure that this is new :?:

ANDREW

Post by ANDREW » 10:37 Saturday 30th June 2018

SEVERNLINK wrote:
05:39 Friday 29th June 2018
Spotted the man with his ladder yesterday :o I was driving up Broad Street and noticed a new sign then drove a but further and saw him about to do the one by Sainsburys.

I see one has gone up on Crabtree Lane by the multistory car park.I know there's a bus stop marked on the road there or atleast buses only as its where the likes of Cofton and MRD sometimes park up but never seen a sign.
Have just checked traveline and it is indeed shown as a stop am pretty sure that this is new :?:
Not aware of it ever being an official bus stop before , but in the town area , many of the local services can give the impression of operating a "hail and ride" service. :(

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 12:22 Saturday 30th June 2018

Always been an official stop as far as I know, but I don't remember anyone wanting to use it for a long time. It is shown on the database of bus stops, and also on Google Maps!

ANDREW

Post by ANDREW » 16:04 Saturday 30th June 2018

The road markings do say Bus Stop as opposed to Buses Only but I cannot ever remember seeing a bus stop sign there. :roll: As the saying goes , "you live and learn". :)

MattW

Post by MattW » 20:26 Friday 6th July 2018

Long and detailed letter in this week's Malvern Gazette asking for the 144 to be extended back to Malvern Wells!

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 20:37 Friday 6th July 2018

Guess we will have to reinstate conductors to watch the buses reverse turn at the terminus too!

Return to “Services, Routes and Timetables”