"along the Salt Road" !

Bus and Coach operations, new or changed services and timetables for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
Adam V

Re: "along the Salt Road" !

Post by Adam V » 08:18 Tuesday 18th February 2020

I decided to pop in O' Neill's yesterday afternoon for a couple of pints of Guinness and to watch the comings and goings with the buses on St Nicholas St. From what i saw, the controllers and drivers who were waiting fir their vehicles were absolutely excellent in keeping passengers informed and directing them to their buses.

The staff on site didn't stop trying to help and keep the service going. I must admit i was very impressed and felt it needed to be mentioned.

Matt

Post by Matt » 20:19 Wednesday 4th March 2020

Interesting situation this evening with an accident closing A38 near Chataeu Impney north of Droitwich. I was on the M5 around 5pm and saw two salt road buses going north. I imagine it’s a while since there has been a live service on the M5.

https://bustimes.org/vehicles/35147#journeys/9028852

I’ve always wondered why the not in service buses don’t use the M5 from J4 or J5 to get back to the depot.

redandwhite

Post by redandwhite » 20:47 Wednesday 4th March 2020

Matt wrote:
20:19 Wednesday 4th March 2020
Interesting situation this evening with an accident closing A38 near Chataeu Impney north of Droitwich. I was on the M5 around 5pm and saw two salt road buses going north. I imagine it’s a while since there has been a live service on the M5.

https://bustimes.org/vehicles/35147#journeys/9028852

I’ve always wondered why the not in service buses don’t use the M5 from J4 or J5 to get back to the depot.
When l drove for FMR. Management didn't want us to drive down the motorway due to the risk of breakdown and the cost of recovery.
Though l used to risk it. Just make sure you got a enough fuel. What do you think, Bammoboy? ;)

bmmoboy

Post by bmmoboy » 21:32 Wednesday 4th March 2020

We used to be allowed to use the M5 but when the roadworks started to convert it to a "Smart" motorway we were told not to. However, the motorway can now be used by all vehicles except the Tridents, which have a tendency to catch fire in some parts of the country.
When 33401-5 go to Essex, this might cause a problem, as it will take a long time to get there if motorways are not used!

ANDREW

Post by ANDREW » 16:43 Friday 4th September 2020

With the frequency increase now up and running ,it is nice to see some other buses on the route. This afternoon I saw one of our 54 deckers and KV02VVN , which , although looking a little shabby , actually "sounded" ok !! No doubt any driver may suggest otherwise. ;)

ANDREW

Post by ANDREW » 13:50 Friday 11th September 2020

And also , "The Spare Bus" is a regular . :roll:

ANDREW

Post by ANDREW » 16:12 Thursday 1st October 2020

Passed a couple of hours away on a trip "along the Salt Road" earlier - Worcester and back , making the most of the increased frequency , travelling on a "Green 'un" to Worcester and a Streetdeck on the way back. Buses clean and punctual [ it was off-peak though ] . Good selection of vehicles also seen on the route . :)

ANDREW

Post by ANDREW » 11:54 Thursday 15th October 2020

X50 liveried Centro on a 144/Bromsgrove earlier this morning , not yet seen a Solo on the increased frequency timetable yet though. :?

ANDREW

Post by ANDREW » 10:44 Monday 2nd November 2020

Nice double deck moment earlier in Bromsgrove , two Streetdecks and an older d/d on the 144/144a and somewhat surprisingly , a double deck Kings Ferry coach heading south along Market Street !! ;)

ANDREW

Post by ANDREW » 13:58 Tuesday 17th November 2020

With focus at the moment on "Leicester" double deckers appearing locally , it was nice to see 66304 , one of the Leicester single deckers on the Salt Road this morning. And looking at Bustimes , it is heading back my way at the moment .

Return to “Services, Routes and Timetables”