"along the Salt Road" !

Bus and Coach operations, new or changed services and timetables for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
AdamH

Re: ...... "along the Salt Road" !

Post by AdamH » 12:39 Tuesday 5th June 2018

In the office at the moment... The new 144 and 44B timetables are being worked up now and should be live on the company website at midnight.

PS... thanks for the reminder :lol:

willr7

Post by willr7 » 14:42 Tuesday 5th June 2018

It hasn't taken very long for the 'Full dressed' volvo's to venture off the routes they are dedicated for as I saw one of them heading into Pershore on the 11:10 X50 from Worcester today... :roll: :lol:

I must say it looked very nice though!

And looking at the running card for the journey if I had been at college today I could have been lucky enough to get a ride on it if it is allocated to the card all day...

DD12

Post by DD12 » 15:40 Tuesday 5th June 2018

willr7 wrote:
14:42 Tuesday 5th June 2018

…… And looking at the running card for the journey if I had been at college today I could have been lucky enough to get a ride on it if it is allocated to the card all day...
…… my guess is that the "bus running graph" will be revised again from Saturday (??)

I will be interested to see, or hear of, continued use of green Volvos on NON Salt Road services, and double-deckers on the 144/A, (from Saturday onwards) !!

ANDREW

Post by ANDREW » 16:51 Tuesday 5th June 2018

I saw my "first" fully done one this morning. My first thought was "at last" , my second was it looks good and is not over-complicated , my third thought was who is the guy with the punk/Mohican hair style !! Then one of Rotala's E300's pulled up behind in it's four shades of blue and dirt with grey body-filler - no contest . . . . . :? :D

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 17:14 Tuesday 5th June 2018

In yet another change of plan, I will now be attending the Birmingham launch event on Saturday, then afterwards myself and a member of the Marketing Team have use of the show vehicle to take photographs on the route home. Hopefully the weather will be kind!

bmmoboy

Post by bmmoboy » 22:31 Tuesday 5th June 2018

A fully vinyled vehicle has extended the Salt Road even further down the A38 - there was one coming back from Tewkesbury this afternoon!!

willr7

Post by willr7 » 23:19 Tuesday 5th June 2018

bmmoboy wrote:
22:31 Tuesday 5th June 2018
A fully vinyled vehicle has extended the Salt Road even further down the A38 - there was one coming back from Tewkesbury this afternoon!!
They will have covered the whole Worcester network by the end of the week! :lol: :roll:

DD12

Post by DD12 » 10:08 Wednesday 6th June 2018

If one reads the Salt Road promotional page on the First Worcestershire website, it implies (to me) that the revised timetables start on Saturday June 9th, but anyone checking the Forthcoming Timetables section will see that the new timetables start on Sunday the 10th !! ;)

Fuzzynutter

Post by Fuzzynutter » 14:27 Wednesday 6th June 2018

I do wonder how long this new route branding will last especially if there are future changes to the 144 service (route and timetable), the branded buses are used on other routes and the branded livery starts to look a bit worn and tatty. It's not the first time route branding has come and gone at FMR. I have to say though the green livery looks smart although I'm not 100% sure about the Salt Road logo or indeed the choice of name.

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 19:40 Wednesday 6th June 2018

I'm optimistic about the new branding... I think that FirstGroup are so short of cash at the moment the remaining 10 buses wont even get the Salt Road branding. Then, as soon as Worcester depot is sold to Diamond half will be moved to other depots and the other half will spontaneously combust. :lol:

Return to “Services, Routes and Timetables”