"along the Salt Road" !

Bus and Coach operations, new or changed services and timetables for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
Charliedaffin

Re: "along the Salt Road" !

Post by Charliedaffin » 11:24 Saturday 16th November 2019

Is this ticket valid on the full 144 route?
Attachments
A46FAA7A-1726-49AF-8F7D-70315D007C4C.jpeg

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 17:29 Saturday 16th November 2019

Yes.

ANDREW

Re: ...... "along the Salt Road" !

Post by ANDREW » 17:06 Wednesday 4th December 2019

ANDREW wrote:
10:43 Wednesday 30th October 2019
There was a new bus stop sign and post erected within a couple of days. I would assume that the County Councils highway contractors - Ringway - did the work as they installed the infrastructure for the pedestrian crossing. ;)
[/quote]

I have only recently noticed that this sign is inaccurate now as although the sign states Church Street , it is actually 20 yards over the border in Crabtree Lane ;) Fuss pot that I can be. :lol:

SEVERNLINK

Post by SEVERNLINK » 19:29 Tuesday 24th December 2019

Came down Rock Hill in Bromsgrove earlier just after 6pm and could see a Salt Road bus by the Greyhound with its hazards on and thought that's all you need on Christmas Eve :( As I went to go around it I was greeted by two more green Volvos parked up and then another one heading south but in the middle of the road.A few cars also parked up haphazardly and a police car at the mini island stopping vehicles going uphill.Not sure what's happened but couldn't see any major damage to any vehicles. :? Tried to clock the registrations 69455 was the one in the middle of the road and think 69459 was one of the three parked up.

SEVERNLINK

Post by SEVERNLINK » 19:41 Tuesday 24th December 2019

Good news on the bus front taken from local Facebook page.

What's happend on rock hill?? Police cars and bus stopped

Collision about an hour ago. Wheels buckled on car in middle of the road so couldn’t be moved until recovery turned up. Thankfully no one was hurt.

The crash was further down the hill from Fox Lane, and a car travelling towards town overtook parked cars and hit a car travelling up the hill (towards Select and Save and the lay-by opposite the Greyhound)
Buses weren’t involved in the crash but because one car’s wheels were buckled it couldn’t be moved from the middle of the road and the bus simply couldn’t get past!
Heard the smash from my house - second one this week!

I did see some scoring to the road but not the car then again I was too busy looking at the buses :D (and where I was going!)

I'd also just seen a couple of Salt Road buses near Upton Warren and then one on Stourbridge Road.I certainly didn't expect to see seven of them within ten minutes on Christmas Eve evening :o

DD12

Post by DD12 » 20:50 Tuesday 7th January 2020

Well, as tragic as it is, the new timetable showing the hourly northern section, is now on First's website !

I have often wondered how such a long service from one depot could ever be reliable enough, and I am wondering if there is still going to be a separate drivers rota for the Salt Road buses from the end of the month (?)

TimBrown

Post by TimBrown » 09:11 Wednesday 8th January 2020

DD12 wrote:
20:50 Tuesday 7th January 2020
Well, as tragic as it is, the new timetable showing the hourly northern section, is now on First's website !

I have often wondered how such a long service from one depot could ever be reliable enough, and I am wondering if there is still going to be a separate drivers rota for the Salt Road buses from the end of the month (?)
The attached forthcoming schedule of 144 and 144A now gives a fragmented service to and from Chadsgrove School Catshill towards Bromsgrove for example;

144A at 11-23; 144 at 11-42; 144A at 11-53, then nothing for half an hour until the 144A at 12-23; so three buses within half an hour and then a half hour gap. :shock:

Is this designed to drive Catshill customers back into their cars?

Why didn't the short 144 run on from Bromsgrove to Catshill as say a 144C (C for Catshill) and continue to give a better balanced frequency during the day?

https://www.firstgroup.com/worcestershi ... &source=sp

marck

Post by marck » 16:30 Wednesday 8th January 2020

TimBrown wrote:
09:11 Wednesday 8th January 2020
DD12 wrote:
20:50 Tuesday 7th January 2020

The attached forthcoming schedule of 144 and 144A now gives a fragmented service to and from Chadsgrove School Catshill towards Bromsgrove for example;

144A at 11-23; 144 at 11-42; 144A at 11-53, then nothing for half an hour until the 144A at 12-23; so three buses within half an hour and then a half hour gap. :shock:

Is this designed to drive Catshill customers back into their cars?

Why didn't the short 144 run on from Bromsgrove to Catshill as say a 144C (C for Catshill) and continue to give a better balanced frequency during the day?

https://www.firstgroup.com/worcestershi ... &source=sp
Or another idea as it's only going to Bromsgrove renumber it 144B (B for Bromsgrove) to make it less confusing

bmmoboy

Post by bmmoboy » 18:30 Wednesday 8th January 2020

Another idea would be to renumber it as 244 with an B for Bromsgrove or C for Catshill suffix (or M to Marlbrook and D to Droitwich) to show that it is not going to Birmingham

Adam V

Post by Adam V » 23:50 Wednesday 8th January 2020

Maybe another option would be to run the short 144 that will terminate at Bromsgrove Bus Station on to Bromsgrove Railway Station via Aston Fields and / or around Charford estate.

Return to “Services, Routes and Timetables”