Training Buses

Bus and Coach operations, new or changed services and timetables for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
AdamH

Re: Training Buses

Post by AdamH » 17:42 Friday 4th May 2018

Can I point out the flaw in your plan... What use is a route surveying bus that is too tall to access a significant number of the routes? And why do they need surveying anyway?

DD12

Post by DD12 » 18:07 Friday 4th May 2018

AdamH wrote:
17:42 Friday 4th May 2018
Can I point out the flaw in your plan... What use is a route surveying bus that is too tall to access a significant number of the routes? And why do they need surveying anyway?
Yes, sorry -- having given that a bit more thought, it was a very stupid post !!

- any chance you could delete it Adam ?? :oops:

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 18:18 Friday 4th May 2018

I could, but I think it can stay a while longer for our amusement! :lol:

DD12

Post by DD12 » 18:20 Sunday 6th May 2018

I happen to think that good DD training - right from the start (for DD operators), is a very important part of the safety regime for the driving and operation of them, (and it seems that some of the top people at First are now seeing dedicated double-decker training vehicles as important), - and I've wanted to discuss the topic for a long time now, but never got round to it.
Some forum members will know that there is now a lot more DD downtime, since September 2017, in the period between 09.35 and c.14.00 (Mon-Fri),
when there are 4 or 5 "normal" DDs that can be used for training during that period -- does that enable "good" DD training ? -- I don't know !

So I would like to make another, less-stupid suggestion (hopefully) than the my last one (please forgive me !):-

IF it would be BETTER for FMR / WR to have a dedicated DD trainer , how about "converting" 33043 or 32066 (or 67), as they are going to need replacing "soon" anyway.

Return to “Services, Routes and Timetables”