Worcester's DD usage.

Bus and Coach operations, new or changed services and timetables for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
willr7

Re: Worcester's DD usage.

Post by willr7 » 22:33 Friday 26th July 2019

According to the bustimes.org bus tracker, 32066/7 Have not been out 'In Service' since Friday 19th July (which was the last day of the school term)

I know that it's only a week ago but, does this possibly mean that they have both been restricted to school work/peak time journies only - OR could they have been withdrawn? :?

If they have been withdrawn maybe we could still see those 'newer' DDs turn up before schools go back in September as previously mentioned before all the First Group uncertainty :D :lol:

DD12

Post by DD12 » 23:53 Friday 26th July 2019

willr7 wrote:
22:33 Friday 26th July 2019
According to the bustimes.org bus tracker, 32066/7 Have not been out 'In Service' since Friday 19th July (which was the last day of the school term)

I know that it's only a week ago but, does this possibly mean that they have both been restricted to school work/peak time journies only - OR could they have been withdrawn? :?

If they have been withdrawn maybe we could still see those 'newer' DDs turn up before schools go back in September as previously mentioned before all the First Group uncertainty :D :lol:
32066 + 67 are parked in the back corner of the outside lane on "the patch" that is often used for withdrawn vehicles, - but that could be simply to keep them out of the way until needed -- but I'm a bit surprised because, rightly or wrongly, I assumed 33401-5 would be undergoing MOT preparation (whereas they have been taking turns in service), and that, therefore 32066,67 would be needed in service.

Since Adam has flown to Stagecoach, we get very little "feedback" etc !!

My guess is that as we have heard nothing more about the additional Citaros, there may be a block on certain transfers, (and refurbishments), which is caused by the uncertainty surrounding First Group.

My fear is that Rotala / Diamond will take over and run the oldest, and the bare minimum
number of DDs !!

bmmoboy

Post by bmmoboy » 14:08 Saturday 27th July 2019

I would summise that Diamond would not be able to take over at Worcester due to the areas which are competitive, ie 303/37 Worcester to Bevere, and the services around Bromsgrove.

DD12

Post by DD12 » 19:21 Saturday 27th July 2019

I'm very pleased to see (on the tracker) the summer holiday usage of two StreetDecks on scenic routes this afternoon -- the X50, and the 417.

The latter has an incomplete GPS trace, but it APPEARS that it did not "drive through the trees" between Cradley and Bosbury -- there are ongoing roadworks and diversions AGAIN !

( -- Viewing the info on First's website, it could have been read as normal route / service today).

DD12

Post by DD12 » 12:40 Sunday 28th July 2019

I keep-on forgetting that we can get all-sorts of info online these days -- some of which used to be considered to be private !
So here's some MOT info for buses !!

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

MOTs done and PASSED:-
32067 - 27/6/19
33401 - 4/7/19

The StreetDecks done in January and March.

MOT certificate expiry dates:-

32066 - 14/9/19
33402 - 24/8/19
33403 - 7/9/19
33404 - 24/8/19
33405 - 21/9/19

(6015 - no records)

:ugeek:

DD12

Post by DD12 » 12:37 Friday 9th August 2019

willr7 wrote:
22:33 Friday 26th July 2019

32066 is back in service today (according to the tracker).

If it's just had it's MOT, - that isn't shown yet on the MOT check service.

DD12

Post by DD12 » 18:38 Saturday 10th August 2019

My hopes to have some more scenic 417 Double-Decker rides to + from Ledbury appear to have been dashed !
Today (Saturday) the 16.10 was split into two single-deckers -- one showing "Contract" (people boarding appeared to be showing passes), and a Plaxton Centro Volvo behind, showing 417.

The contract vehicle was a short StreetLite and left Crowngate with standing passengers, whereas there were only about 10 - 20 passengers for the 417.

I'm very happy to have ridden a DD on the 417, on what might have been a unique occasion
-- thats through the trees between Cradley and Bosbury, -- and I'm a real hypocrite too -- -- I call myself a "tree lover" but would love to see those trees cut-back to allow safe, damage-free use of DDs, and more use of DDs on Herefordshire school work IF that is a realistic opportunity.

(I have enjoyed DD rides on the Saturday-only 418 in the last couple of years, but that followed a different route, and has been discontinued, -- -- one of my favourite photos on this website is of Trident 33402 parked outside Bosbury church, on the 418 -- Thanks Adam !!)

DD12

Post by DD12 » 20:04 Friday 20th September 2019

I see on bustimes.org this afternoon, that a DD (33405) has been used on the new S5 -- -- that's the first time as far as I know ( willr7 ?).

Unfortunately it wasn't then used on a further service in the Pershore area, but that might be a future opportunity ( - for single-decker or DD).

I like the idea of this 5th DD being a regular at BEO school in the afternoons, in case one of those on the S1 - S4 breaks down before 15.30 (as does happen) -- -- it's then a lot easier for Worcester's main bus operator to find a spare single-decker for the S5.

I hope that First haven't given-up completely with the Upton area (363 "under discussion" with the county council currently) -- -- I've seen Astons use three DDs on Hanley Castle school services (PM) a few times in the last year, and as far as I know, only one of those routes needs a DD (??), and I've seen them being driven on roads that First would consider a "no-go" (like through the trees of Earls Croome village !)

It was in the Worcester News recently that Hanley Castle school is to add 4 more class-rooms, so I'd like WR to get a bigger share, not a smaller one.

Unfortunately, First are removing most of the daytime journeys (of the 32) to / from Kempsey, which suggests they are not interested in all the new housing and businesses to be built between Kempsey and Norton, and the extra school work to Pershore and Hanley Castle schools, (plus Norton Parkway !)

Surely there's an opportunity here for Astons ??

DD12

Post by DD12 » 15:44 Monday 23rd September 2019

Right now, there's a StreetDeck on the "full" 144 to B'ham (according to the tracker) -- --

it should be in central Brum c.16.15.

It's 35157, and yesterday I noticed it's lost it's "Malverns" logo from it's lower-front panel, but I couldn't see if any other Malvern decoration has been removed ! (?)

MattW

Post by MattW » 17:50 Monday 23rd September 2019

One on an early x50 this morning, in Pershore just before 0700.

Return to “Services, Routes and Timetables”