New Ticketing !!

Bus and Coach operations, new or changed services and timetables for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
DD12

New Ticketing !!

Post by DD12 » 17:04 Saturday 19th November 2022

https://www.firstbus.co.uk/worcestershi ... ore-choice

I haven't studied this yet, but I hope it helps the revival of bus travel , and addresses some of our concerns, such as £7.50 between Lower Wick and Malvern Link Co-op and back ??

Also, - does "tapping-off" cause people to drop things as they get-up and go forwards, - and fall-over because they're not concentrating on grabbing and holding the intended aids ??

(Possibly on a jerky modern bus that has regenerative braking / retardation ??)

ANDREW

Re: New Ticketing !!

Post by ANDREW » 10:20 Sunday 20th November 2022

Why do they keep changing things around ?? :(

TimBrown

Post by TimBrown » 12:25 Sunday 20th November 2022

Is Worcester being brought into line with Cymru and West of England now it is under their new management, or is this a revised First Bus nationwide ticketing policy?

bmmoboy

Post by bmmoboy » 15:47 Sunday 20th November 2022

DD12

Your concerns about the £7.50 return between Lower Wick and Malvern Link Co-op have been addressed - the new fare will be the county day ticket which has increased to £8.00. You will be able to easily spot me driving on Malverns as I will be wearing a crash helmet to protect me from the huge number of angry passengers.

Recently, I put the old return fare to Malvern (a Worcester Plus) which was £4.70 in 2017 and compared it on the Government's Inflation Checker which states that this fare should now be in the region of £5.90. I think that this is the reason that residents of Malvern are deserting buses in favour of West Midlands Railway, whose return fares start at £6.30!!!!!!!!

MattW

Post by MattW » 16:46 Sunday 20th November 2022

Madness. Anyone who can easily get to a station will surely use the train!

Return to “Services, Routes and Timetables”