The "Fifties"

Bus and Coach operations, new or changed services and timetables for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
willr7

Re: The "Fifties"

Post by willr7 » 20:40 Tuesday 16th January 2018

I'm glad the 1833 from Pershore to Worcester will run as a service 54 instead as every time it drives past me it may as well be 'out of service' as everyone is on the slightly earlier 51 service like you said.

A few weeks back my Dad and his mate went into Worcester. We live in Drakes Broughton and his mate lives in Norton so I told them to get on the 53 as then they could be on the same bus. And no surprise, they were the only passengers until Bath Road :lol:

willr7

Post by willr7 » 20:52 Tuesday 16th January 2018

AdamH wrote:
18:18 Tuesday 16th January 2018

The S51 was mentioned too, but I can't remember why!
I don't suppose you would be able to find out more about what was said as i use the S51 to get to & from college. It would be good to know of any changes in advance. :)
As someone who uses this service, I would suggest that the evening journey should leave college at around 1645 instead of 1705 (This would benefit the students greatly as i'm pretty sure everybody finishes at 4:30 meaning we normally have a long 30 minute wait :roll: :lol: However I guess this would be hard to arrange as the bus that is used comes of the X50 at Worcester and runs to the college 'out of service' to operate the S51 back to Worcester (This bus normally arrives with only a few minutes to spare or often a little late on Friday's. Unless there is a bus from somewhere else they could use... (Which I doubt there is at this time)

DD12

Post by DD12 » 23:53 Tuesday 16th January 2018

willr7 wrote:
20:52 Tuesday 16th January 2018
AdamH wrote:
18:18 Tuesday 16th January 2018

The S51 was mentioned too, but I can't remember why!
I don't suppose you would be able to find out more about what was said as i use the S51 to get to & from college. It would be good to know of any changes in advance. :)
As someone who uses this service, I would suggest that the evening journey should leave college at around 1645 instead of 1705 (This would benefit the students greatly as i'm pretty sure everybody finishes at 4:30 meaning we normally have a long 30 minute wait :roll: :lol: However I guess this would be hard to arrange as the bus that is used comes of the X50 at Worcester and runs to the college 'out of service' to operate the S51 back to Worcester (This bus normally arrives with only a few minutes to spare or often a little late on Friday's. Unless there is a bus from somewhere else they could use... (Which I doubt there is at this time)
I see from the bus graph (IF still correct) that the X50 branded Volvo/ Plaxton Centro, actually does a round trip to/ from Hanley Castle school before running dead to you (Running Board 57).

- Here's some questions for you and Adam (!) : -

* Does the college provide you with a pass ?

* Can the general public travel on it ? - and if so, how full does it get in
Pershore ?
- if NOT, then there is a yellow BMC school bus in North Piddle at 16.15
that I reckon could provide you with a 16.45, S51, thereby releasing the
volvo for Worcester's evening rush hour -- service enhancement or
reliability enhancement (or both).
(?)

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 06:24 Wednesday 17th January 2018

Card 57 is unchanged. The service is basically an all-stops version of the X50 and can be used by anyone. The yellow school buses do not have ticket machines fitted so can only be used on school contracts, unless they provide a conductor. Can’t see that happening!

The morning journey is worked with the first Tewkesbury and I was down to drive it this morning, but I was switched to the 674 at the last minute. The afternoon journey is on the second part of a split shift and I don’t work those so no idea how busy it is.

willr7

Post by willr7 » 10:47 Wednesday 17th January 2018

I brought a Severn card pass from the council that costs over £400, however I can also use it to get into Worcester. You can't get a pass from the college as it's a public service.

As for the amount of passengers, it can vary. On Fridays there are basically only two of us, however on Mondays there can be up to 15. (Not that that's even a large amount of people!) I am not sure about Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays though as I don't go in or am able to catch an earlier bus from Wick turning or Pershore depending on weather there is a 52/53 to Shrubbery Road otherwise I make do with an X50 to the top of the village. :lol:

Regarding the amount of public users a few sometimes get off at various points in Pershore and on the evening service some might get on in Pershore but it really depends. The arrival of the 1600 service 51 from Evesham also has an impact I guess as it is often late and sometimes only gets to Pershore just before 17:00 meaning those few passengers are able to get in that instead.

DD12

Post by DD12 » 10:57 Wednesday 17th January 2018

Thanks Adam and Will.

willr7

Post by willr7 » 10:59 Wednesday 17th January 2018

Happy to help! :D

Whoops, I made a mistake saying that the bus came off the X50 in Worcester :roll:

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 13:48 Wednesday 17th January 2018

Just checked, there is no change planed for the S51. The reason it was mentioned is because they are thinking of changing the journey that follows it.

willr7

Post by willr7 » 20:51 Wednesday 17th January 2018

AdamH wrote:
13:48 Wednesday 17th January 2018
Just checked, there is no change planed for the S51. The reason it was mentioned is because they are thinking of changing the journey that follows it.
Thanks for finding that out Adam!

DD12

Post by DD12 » 20:49 Wednesday 31st January 2018

AdamH wrote:
13:48 Wednesday 17th January 2018
The bus is used on the 363 before and after the S51, and I've just noticed on the First Worcestershire website, that Upton town centre roadworks are forcing temporary timetables for a few weeks --

The number of occasions that the Upton area gets disrupted by floods, festivals, roadworks etc, it would make sense to not have any other, permanent services depending on Upton buses getting back to Worcester (etc) on time.

Return to “Services, Routes and Timetables”