The S50 !

Bus and Coach operations, new or changed services and timetables for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
DD12

The S50 !

Post by DD12 » 00:49 Monday 5th September 2022

The S50 appears to have been discontinued -- I have not found any mention of a replacement anywhere.
- Does anyone know if it was dropped before July ?

- Presumably the kids and their parents were given plenty of advance warning for alternative arrangements to be made, and this will be an easy way for First to reduce vehicles and drivers by one.

However, I like the idea of a bus and driver being available after PM school runs for reliable departures from Crowngate, whilst the intended bus and driver are stuck elsewhere in Worcester's traffic jams --

- especially if that bus and driver has been paid for by the county council / local education authority.

bmmoboy

Re: The S50 !

Post by bmmoboy » 15:46 Monday 5th September 2022

The S50 was, as far as I know, a commercial service, which was loss making. It was announced well before the start of the Summer hols that it would not be running from Sept, giving parents time to make alternative arrangements. When I last did this service in June, there were around 10 students on board - no way commercially viable.

DD12

Re: The S50 !

Post by DD12 » 16:23 Monday 5th September 2022

bmmoboy wrote:
15:46 Monday 5th September 2022
The S50 was, as far as I know, a commercial service, which was loss making. It was announced well before the start of the Summer hols that it would not be running from Sept, giving parents time to make alternative arrangements. When I last did this service in June, there were around 10 students on board - no way commercially viable.
Thanks very much bmmoboy, -- great to get good info !

Return to “Services, Routes and Timetables”