First 37 service 'Customer Notice'

Bus and Coach operations, new or changed services and timetables for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
TimBrown

First 37 service 'Customer Notice'

Post by TimBrown » 06:41 Monday 18th July 2022

Took these pictures this morning of First Bus Worcester's best marketing ploy to dump long standing passengers of service 37 which runs from Crowngate Bus station to Green Lane, serving Ombersley Road and Northwick Green until Saturday 23 July 2022.

The photographs show the only flagged bus stop in Grange Avenue with barely visible location of Bevere Drive and the somewhat strange, or should that be pathetic, notice of 'regret' that the service is ending. Suppose I should be grateful that First have actually put a notice up, but surely the legend 'For journeys to and from Gheluvelt Park, please use service 36 or 144' is completely spurious to those of us living in Bevere and an insult to the disabled who cannot walk very far, as Gheluvelt Park is 1.5 miles down the road. Surely it would have been more courteous to say; Please refer to Worcestershire County Council or Diamond Bus for an alternative hourly service - or would that be deemed as business suicide?
101.JPG
102.JPG

AdamH

Re: First 37 service 'Customer Notice'

Post by AdamH » 06:56 Monday 18th July 2022

It should be noted that for many years the local residents of Grange Avenue and other nearby roads on the 37 route (and the 21 before that) refused to allow any new bus stop infrastructure to be fitted on their housing estate. Even when the County Council overruled them and put up new flags they just got a ladder out and removed them.

If you don't have bus stops, where can the bus company put timetable and service information?

That said, the notice photographed is way short of the standard that would come out of my office, and they really should know better as unfortunately they have had more practice then we have.

DC54

Post by DC54 » 09:29 Monday 18th July 2022

The notice used along the curtailed section of the 144 was no better…
9BA939DB-DC33-48F1-AF2B-B6B94A9F5DCF.jpeg

MattW

Post by MattW » 16:46 Monday 18th July 2022

Sad day Tim. More mileage for your car I guess!

TimBrown

Post by TimBrown » 17:30 Monday 18th July 2022

MattW wrote:
16:46 Monday 18th July 2022
Sad day Tim. More mileage for your car I guess!
Diamond Bus are going to run the 303 around the loop turning up Grange Avenue when travelling in from Kidderminster every hour, but that will miss out the well-used New Inn bus stop with live travel info and mean stopping opposite existing places where the gardens are open plan with no protection of high hedges or fences against prying eyes and litter. I have also asked where the bus intends to stop on the left-hand bend opposite Northwick Green which is littered with parked cars for 100 metres 24/7 but yet to receive an answer from Diamond.

I am also concerned that the first 303 into the city available to concessionary pass holders at 10-11 am, starts out from Kidderminster at 09-30 am and may well be more than half full. Currently the 09-53 am 37 on weekdays often has a full-seated load by the Swan Inn Barbourne. Hope it works out because if it doesn't, it will mean more use of the car and difficulties for the elderly and infirm lacking their own transport.

https://www.diamondbuses.com/media/4295 ... et_web.pdf

TimBrown

Post by TimBrown » 07:02 Monday 25th July 2022

The Bus shelter and live timetable screen at the New Inn Ombersley Road bus stop showed the following at 06-32 this morning Monday 25 July 2022. The message of 'refer to timetables' is confusing to intending passengers as none are on display. I am also partly surprised that First Bus will continue with the 32S during school term, but maybe shouldn't be when it comes to cherry picking the money spinners?
25 July 2022 Worcester 002.JPG
25 July 2022 Worcester 003.JPG

Return to “Services, Routes and Timetables”