April 2016 Service Changes

Bus and Coach operations, new or changed services and timetables for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
DD12

April 2016 Service Changes

Post by DD12 » 21:05 Wednesday 6th July 2016

So far, I've got the impression that service reliability is better (??)
I haven't been in Crowngate much, but I've not seen any adverse comments in the Worcester News (other than the complaints about the withdrawn city services, which, note, have NOT been replaced by WCC/small operators)
(There have been plenty of disruptions to Worcester area roads, as usual)

On one occasion I was in the bus station, and saw a blockage at the front left hand side, where a single decker was loading in the outside lane - but it was only for a few minutes.

I am surprised by the size of the reduction in PVR - ie disposal of solos, plus typically one in the body-shop, and now one failed coach - - because although some services were cut, some city services were improved.

It looks to me like some clever efficiencies have been achieved - but "only if reliability is better than before, and large-enough vehicles turn-up where needed !"
GOOD LUCK to all at First !

AdamH

Re: April 2016 Service Changes

Post by AdamH » 21:36 Wednesday 6th July 2016

There will be some minor tweaks to the City services in September, and a brand new timetable book is being prepared. I'll post further details in a week or two once they have been registered.

MattW

Post by MattW » 18:49 Sunday 10th July 2016

I drove past the new estate at Bevere today for the first time for ages - has the 37 had much extra takeup?

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 18:56 Sunday 10th July 2016

MattW wrote:
18:49 Sunday 10th July 2016
I drove past the new estate at Bevere today for the first time for ages - has the 37 had much extra takeup?
Surprisingly I’ve only operated two journeys on the 37 since it started. There simply aren’t any on our rota. I’m wondering if drivers are still regularly going the wrong way... Maybe Mr. Brown can tell us?

Red Midland

Post by Red Midland » 19:10 Sunday 10th July 2016

AdamH wrote:
18:56 Sunday 10th July 2016
I’m wondering if drivers are still regularly going the wrong way...
I've had difficulty stopping myself from turning left at the top of Parkland Road since I started driving, but yet to do it!

I was however confronted at the Green Lane terminus recently. Apparently this passenger had never been along Bevere Drive to reach the new terminus until that particular journey I drove. I had to assure them that the route I'd followed was the advertised one. :lol:

TimBrown

Post by TimBrown » 12:36 Monday 11th July 2016

AdamH wrote:
18:56 Sunday 10th July 2016
MattW wrote:
18:49 Sunday 10th July 2016
Surprisingly I’ve only operated two journeys on the 37 since it started. There simply aren’t any on our rota. I’m wondering if drivers are still regularly going the wrong way... Maybe Mr. Brown can tell us?
I haven't seen any buses passing my house recently nor have I witnessed any having to reverse blind out of Bevere Drive into Grange Avenue because of builders vans parked inconsiderately across the road. They have been renovating the second bungalow on the right which now looks to be completed so progress should be simpler. I have had gripes from some residents saying the road isn't suitable for buses especially double-deckers, but haven't heard them complain about refuse trucks which are just as wide and nearly as long - funny old world isn't it?

Bevere Drive is a no-no for 12 metre buses because of the right turn into the very narrow Green Lane at the far end; the attached photos taken in February when the local Lib Dem magazine claimed buses were going by this route give an idea of this junction. Incidentally the continuation of Northwick Road to Green Lane is very narrow with many parked cars and runs through a tunnel of trees with little more than 3 metres height clearance - take care don't chance it!
18 February 2016 Bevere Close & Green Lane 002.jpg
18 February 2016 Bevere Close & Green Lane 003.jpg
003.jpg[/attachment]
18 February 2016 Bevere Close & Green Lane 004.jpg
18 February 2016 Green Lane 008.jpg
18 February 2016 Green Lane 009.jpg
18 February 2016 Green Lane 012.jpg

Return to “Services, Routes and Timetables”