FMR: October 2017 Bus Graph

Bus and Coach operations, new or changed services and timetables for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
willr7

Re: FMR: October 2017 Bus Graph

Post by willr7 » 18:21 Tuesday 7th November 2017

AdamH wrote:
15:12 Tuesday 7th November 2017
Not directly. I have to ask very nicely and hope the scheduling man is in a good mood. The one published is now out of date as the 31 and 31U are now interworked to improve reliability (looks like it’s working too). I don’t want to annoy anyone by going back for each and every minor change, but I will ask again when there are some significant changes made.
Ok, we will wait patiently! It’s going to be hard to keep it up to date I suppose and the schedule will change so often whilst they make minor tweaks in the first few months of the changes to improve times/reliability etc. Definitely a wise decision to wait until there are bigger changes in order not to annoy the scheduler (we need to stay in his good books)

Regarding the 31/31U I guess that the 31U can no longer use the streetlite max’s (They would not be able to do the 31 route due to the weight restrictions you have previously mentioned)

DD12

Post by DD12 » 15:08 Saturday 6th January 2018

I am VERY SLOWLY working my way through the graph (jigsaw puzzle), looking at things of interest to me, and, as yet, I cannot understand a certain feature :-

- Example on page 2, (Vehicle running boards 11 to 27) -
- the vehicles are mainly allocated to the Malvern services, and most of the coloured "progress bars" (left to right/ early-day to late-day) are RED, but a few of the Malvern workings are coloured green (departures from Crowngate on the X43) -

I can GUESS that this is some kind of link with service 30 -
interchangeability or "borrowing" of vehicle and driver perhaps, if certain buses are running late, +/or PRIORITISING which departures are made first when intended vehicles and drivers are stuck in a jam somewhere.

Can anyone put me right please, or give me a clearer, definitive explanation of how this feature of the graph works please ??
:ugeek:

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 16:34 Saturday 6th January 2018

I wouldn’t read too much into the colours. It think it may be a case of whatever crayon was to hand.

Return to “Services, Routes and Timetables”