Malvern area fares.

Bus and Coach operations, new or changed services and timetables for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
TimBrown

Malvern area fares.

Post by TimBrown » 11:08 Wednesday 12th January 2022

I visited a relative in Malvern on Monday and (because I was a bus driver 18 years ago!) her friend asked why there was no longer a day ticket for the Malvern area because she was having to pay through the nose if making multiple local journeys on one day now. I didn't realise that Malvern had day tickets in the recent past and, looking on the First Bus Worcestershire website, can only see that Worcester City has a £4-70 local zone day ticket with option of £17 ten trip ticket exclusive to app users. The only option for Malvern bus users seems to be the network day ticket at a hefty £7-50 which seems a lot compared with the Worcester only day ticket. Noted that there is an app only 10 trip Network ticket for £24.

Can any of you drivers enlighten me as to the Malvern single and day return fares say from the Link area to Great Malvern and whether there are any special offers for Malvern people wanting to make multiple short journeys in a day within the hills area?

AdamH

Re: Malvern area fares.

Post by AdamH » 18:01 Thursday 13th January 2022

Can't answer your question, but I agree £7.50 seems a huge amount just to get to Malvern and back. Comparable distance to Gloucester and Cheltenham, which is £5 for a day pass, and that includes access to a full network of local buses at each end of the route.

bmmoboy

Post by bmmoboy » 21:56 Thursday 13th January 2022

The fare was increased to £7.50 at the start of December - passengers are now realising that for an extra 50p, they can purchase a County Connector, enabling them to use all other operators services (LMS, Astons, Diamond etc). The company receives around £2.00 per Connector sold, so that is a net loss of £4.50 from the old County ticket at £6.50. That seems to be commercial suicide by First!

MattW

Post by MattW » 18:14 Monday 17th January 2022

I know its been a few years since I drove a bus in Malvern, but wasn't there a Malvern area day ticket for around £4.50? I

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 19:05 Monday 17th January 2022

That got the axe while I was still there.

Return to “Services, Routes and Timetables”