The new East Herefordshire services

Bus and Coach operations, new or changed services and timetables for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
DD12

The new East Herefordshire services

Post by DD12 » 21:58 Thursday 5th October 2017

How are these doing (Adam) ? -

I imagine that the timing of the road-works has been most unfortunate for the drivers and for the passengers (?)

Are any additional vehicles still needed as a result of these new services ?

Are any of our existing Solos going to be fitted with seat-belts, to act as spare for 53802 ? - or is another small, seat-belted bus to be acquired ?

Are there enough small buses based at WR for these services ?

(Thanks).

AdamH

Re: The new East Herefordshire services

Post by AdamH » 22:22 Thursday 5th October 2017

The roadworks have caused a lot of problems, so we have not got off to a good start. At the moment the 674 is running a long diversion route and the 405 is not serving Cradley or Fromes Hill. There is also a closure in Wellington Heath so the 675 is diverted causing late running.

53802 has missed the start of service twice so far so a Volvo has been used in its place. Both times the fault has been fixed by late morning to allow it to be swapped for the afternoon. This happened to me on Monday so I took 66699 for the school and first 672, then found an engineer and 53802 waiting for me at the terminus in Ledbury. A second seatbelt Solo would be nice.

Another problem has been an advert in the local Bromyard press... we all moaned when First didn’t advertise, now they are but unfortunately they are giving out false information, and people have been waiting at the wrong times and even the wrong days. Leicester didn’t get anyone at Worcester to proof read the advert before going to press :(

DD12

Re: The new East Herefordshire services

Post by DD12 » 14:10 Friday 6th October 2017

Thanks for the info, Adam.

As for the bad advertising, I'm sure everyone will agree - that's the very last thing that local bus services and passengers need :cry:

Return to “Services, Routes and Timetables”