Ten Trip Ticket.

Bus and Coach operations, new or changed services and timetables for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
TimBrown

Ten Trip Ticket.

Post by TimBrown » 09:09 Thursday 5th October 2017

Following my recent thoughts expressed on this forum on the wisdom (or not) of First Bus Worcester's decision to make driver and others sales outlet issued Ten trip Tickets void from 23 September 2017 and only available using a smart phone, I contacted the Customer Services phone number for some recompense for my 7 remaining tickets. Initially I thought it was a lost cause as I couldn't get through beyond an endless recording telling me of the high volume of calls - I waited for 10 minutes on Monday 25 Sept, 18 minutes on Tuesday 26 Sept and nearly gave up after 10 minutes on Wednesday 27 Sept when a very pleasant young lady miraculously answered my call. The upshot is that I now have 7 travel vouchers to use at any time on First buses, so the company have honoured the contracted 10 trips of the driver issued ticket. Just a pity that the information about compensation is not broadcast to the travelling public, as there are probably still many passengers out of pocket.

However, it does still mean that those of us who do not want to, or cannot afford to, own a smart phone can no longer buy a 10 trip ticket for discounted travel before 9-30 am; in my case as a pensioner pass is not valid before this time from Monday to Friday. I am still at a loss to understand why Worcester depot does not follow the lead of First Potteries and offer a £1-50 single ticket within the City on production of pensioner pass before 9-30 am - what's good for one area should apply to the whole operation!

AdamH

Re: Ten Trip Ticket.

Post by AdamH » 19:51 Thursday 5th October 2017

Good to hear you have got something back. Although it still doesn't solve the problem of what you need to buy once the vouchers are all used up.

chason

Re: Ten Trip Ticket.

Post by chason » 08:52 Friday 6th October 2017

AdamH wrote:
19:51 Thursday 5th October 2017
Good to hear you have got something back. Although it still doesn't solve the problem of what you need to buy once the vouchers are all used up.
And not really fair on those unlucky customers who don't have the good fortune to be readers of this Forum!

Return to “Services, Routes and Timetables”