First Worcester fares increase

Bus and Coach operations, new or changed services and timetables for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
AdamH

First Worcester fares increase

Post by AdamH » 15:47 Thursday 25th November 2021

Notices are out and about to say First Worcester are putting up their fares from 5th December 2021.

DD12

Re: First Worcester fares increase

Post by DD12 » 18:57 Thursday 25th November 2021

AdamH wrote:
15:47 Thursday 25th November 2021
Notices are out and about to say First Worcester are putting up their fares from 5th December 2021.
I am concerned that the fares increases needed to offer the needed new drivers better pay, will erode one of the benefits of the "BSIP" money, which is supposed to include REDUCED fares !!

If Adam is right about the current level of ridership on the First Worcester network, will First also withdraw most services around the end of March (in order to stem losses ??)
( - similar to Yeomans ?)

-- can anyone correct my impressions and alleviate my misery please ?

:cry: :cry: :cry:

bmmoboy

Post by bmmoboy » 21:15 Thursday 25th November 2021

The single fares have not changed, and I don't think that returns are altered either. What is changing is some of the day tickets, some of which appear to be better value, instead of a return, there is a 2 trip ticket which is the same price as a return, meaning that you could purchase one of these and travel from say, Lower Wick to town, and then onwards to Warndon. Hopefully, some leaflets will soon be available to explain this (especially for drivers like me who seem to be mystified by the large array of new tickets which will be coming on stream).

DD12

Post by DD12 » 23:55 Thursday 25th November 2021

bmmoboy wrote:
21:15 Thursday 25th November 2021
The single fares have not changed, and I don't think that returns are altered either. What is changing is some of the day tickets, some of which appear to be better value, instead of a return, there is a 2 trip ticket which is the same price as a return, meaning that you could purchase one of these and travel from say, Lower Wick to town, and then onwards to Warndon. Hopefully, some leaflets will soon be available to explain this (especially for drivers like me who seem to be mystified by the large array of new tickets which will be coming on stream).
Thanks bmmoboy, - hopefully these will be in-line with, or compatible with what the county council will require for the BSIP (?)

Return to “Services, Routes and Timetables”