2020 Arrivals and Disposals

Vehicle and Fleet discussions for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
TimBrown

Re: 2020 Arrivals and Disposals

Post by TimBrown » 15:22 Wednesday 22nd January 2020

bmmoboy wrote:
13:09 Wednesday 22nd January 2020
They'll need an extension lead over 28 miles long for the 144's"!
Can't see First wanting to be involved unless there is a large financial incentive. A trial battery bus might work on City service provided there was a dedicated charging point in Crowngate. If we are being serious, much would depend on the range of the bus; does anyone have information on the experiences running Enviro EV in London?

In the meantime, our local councillors might be better employed introducing a clean air zone (CAZ) in Worcester; I believe it was discussed early in 2019 and postponed indefinitely. I presume this was to protect the City centre shops and businesses, maintain the 300 diesel taxi fleet and allow First Bus to dispose of all the Euro 6 emission buses in exchange for dirty Euro 3 vehicles.

However if anyone thinks electric vehicles are just an 'airy-fairy' experimental concept, just have a read of the attached article and ponder the thought that the Chinese run 425,000 electric buses. I believe the United Kingdom operates approx. 370 - so much for clean air and improving our city environment!

https://www.wired.com/story/electric-bu ... ver-world/

Charliedaffin

Post by Charliedaffin » 17:06 Wednesday 22nd January 2020

bmmoboy wrote:
22:42 Tuesday 21st January 2020
A driver is going to Slough depot tomorrow (Wednesday 22 Jan) to collect a Citaro
Has she arrived yet?? :?:

bmmoboy

Post by bmmoboy » 18:23 Wednesday 22nd January 2020

Don't know - I'm not back at work until 0532 tomorrow morning

bmmoboy

Post by bmmoboy » 15:29 Friday 24th January 2020

UPDATE
The Citaro which was due to be collected on Wednesday, was fond to have a major defect whilst undergoing prep work for the journey to Worcester, so the move was cancelled.
The info regarding the Plaxton bodied Volvos has been amended, and only 66692/3, the refurbished ones, are going to Leicester, along with all the StreetMax's. Coming in the other direction, there are two conflicting sets of information. One says that 6 StreetDecks are coming to Worcester, whereby another source says that it will be 6 Wright Gemini bodied Volvos. I don't know who to believe, so we will just have to wait and see. Personally I hope it will be the Volvos.
I will try and get the correct information next week.

DD12

Post by DD12 » 18:12 Friday 24th January 2020

I cannot remember any previous period when "things" were so volatile and unpredictable !!!

"Things" being service changes, fares, expected vehicles in+out, - even ownership of FMR/WR !!

There are too many negative articles appearing in / on "Worcester News" !!

-- As for the Double-Decker intake, the worst scenario for me would be if we get more than 3 or 4 Volvo B7TL/ Wright Geminis -- -- because they're too old (IMHO).

:?

bmmoboy

Post by bmmoboy » 20:20 Friday 24th January 2020

We have had a couple of these vehicles on loan from Leicester over the past few years and both were a joy to drive

willr7

Post by willr7 » 09:39 Saturday 25th January 2020

bmmoboy wrote:
15:29 Friday 24th January 2020
UPDATE
The Citaro which was due to be collected on Wednesday, was fond to have a major defect whilst undergoing prep work for the journey to Worcester, so the move was cancelled.
The info regarding the Plaxton bodied Volvos has been amended, and only 66692/3, the refurbished ones, are going to Leicester, along with all the StreetMax's. Coming in the other direction, there are two conflicting sets of information. One says that 6 StreetDecks are coming to Worcester, whereby another source says that it will be 6 Wright Gemini bodied Volvos. I don't know who to believe, so we will just have to wait and see. Personally I hope it will be the Volvos.
I will try and get the correct information next week.
Thank for the update!

I was hoping it would only be 66692/3 departing as they are the least recent re-paints! And maybe this means we will get two Citaro’s painted in a new X50 livery! Along with some others painted up for the Malvern’s!

I question why Leicester would want 66692/3 when it would be an alien type. And with the Leicester LEZ they would have to be upgraded to E6. Unless it will just be a temporary allocation while they send vehicles (like the StreetLite’s they’ve received from Yorkshire) away for re-paint.

Also regarding the Deckers, my theory is both of your sources are partly correct. There are 3 Volvo B7Ls left at Leicester which will move to Worcester. And there are also 6 or 7 StreetDecks at Leicester (to be repaired before use in the Midlands) Maybe we will get 3 of the a StreetDecks (for the malvern’s) and Leicester will keep the remaining ones to replace the Volvo B7Ls that come to Worcester...

With the 11 Citaro’s arriving and only 9 planned (Single Deck) vehicles leaving WR, I recon 42892 will also make its long planned move to Wales. And hopefully we can bring another ‘newer’ Solo back to complete branding of ‘The Riversider’ 31. Allowing 53061/2 to retire.

I also wonder if the 144 reduction means that a couple of green Volvo’s could end up at Leicester too...

bmmoboy

Post by bmmoboy » 15:33 Saturday 25th January 2020

66692/3 are going to Leicester, as they have been refurbished internally, and can be upgraded to Euro 6

ANDREW

Post by ANDREW » 13:02 Wednesday 4th March 2020

Any news on the "new" Citaro's , or any other arrivals ?? :shock:

bmmoboy

Post by bmmoboy » 22:35 Thursday 5th March 2020

The two Citaros that have arrived were parked at the bottom of the patch, but today, both were out in service, one on 35s and the other on 37s/34s. Both the blue and green fronts looks much better than the magenta on the rest of the fleet.

Return to “Fleet Discussion”