First Group to be split and sold off.

Vehicle and Fleet discussions for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
DD12

Re: First Group to be split and sold off.

Post by DD12 » 13:04 Tuesday 11th June 2019

AdamH wrote:
12:46 Tuesday 11th June 2019
DD12 wrote:
11:43 Tuesday 11th June 2019
(I don't like the Stagecoach livery, nor the interior floors of their buses - which look like they are covered in vomit - and indeed make me nauseous, -- -- any chance of a photo, Adam ?? :D )
Not sure which bit you hate the most, so here’s a shot looking down at the rear seat and floor for you. This is on a short-E200 acquires with Wessex last year. All have had a full refurbish inside and out before entering service.
LOL :lol: !!!
Thanks Adam for the instantaneous photos !!!
-- I would have replied sooner, but those seat covers are so bad I've just had to go upstairs to vomit !!!

TimBrown

Post by TimBrown » 14:02 Tuesday 11th June 2019

DD12 wrote:
13:04 Tuesday 11th June 2019
AdamH wrote:
12:46 Tuesday 11th June 2019

Not sure which bit you hate the most, so here’s a shot looking down at the rear seat and floor for you. This is on a short-E200 acquires with Wessex last year. All have had a full refurbish inside and out before entering service.
LOL :lol: !!!
Thanks Adam for the instantaneous photos !!!
-- I would have replied sooner, but those seat covers are so bad I've just had to go upstairs to vomit !!!
Ah to be a bus driver again with schoolkids being ill, drunken adults showing what they had for lunch, yoghurt all over the floor, chalk on the moquette seats, slashed seats, cigarette ash in the cashtrays, black oil and grease on steering wheel and controls first thing in the morning, sweetpapers all over the cab floor, bells ringing incessantly, being slagged-off for missing a West Midlands stop (in the days when we only used Midland Red stops in Birmingham area), drunken passengers fighting and drunken passengers on late night number 9 for Halesowen out of Broad Street, Birmingham singing "The driver is a banker!" (or something akin to that).

Back to more up to date sombre topic, here are a few more possible contenders for all or part of the Firstbus empire for you to ponder over;

Abellio
Comfort Delgro
Go-Ahead
RATP
Transdev
Wellglade

bmmoboy

Post by bmmoboy » 14:25 Tuesday 11th June 2019

Personally, I would like either Stagecoach or Go Ahead to take over the Worcester operation, if as DD12's speculation about a complete stand-along company with it's own shares doesn't come to fruition.

Julie

Post by Julie » 00:04 Wednesday 12th June 2019

There are worse companies than Stagecoach.....

TimBrown

Post by TimBrown » 08:31 Wednesday 12th June 2019

Julie wrote:
00:04 Wednesday 12th June 2019
There are worse companies than Stagecoach.....
Agreed, Stagecoach are one of the better companies. I would add that despite the many criticisms by members of this site and I am one of the loudest critics, there are a number of worse companies than Firstbus too.

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 11:08 Wednesday 12th June 2019

Stagecoach have their problems, but I’m happy working for them. They do seem to have more of a “long-term” outlook than First, which can’t be bad, but in Gloucester they work very closely with the County Council and that won’t be possible in Worcester. I think whoever takes over will have their hands tied from the lack of local support.

MattW

Post by MattW » 18:14 Wednesday 12th June 2019

It seems daft that one council has a relationship with its major transport provider and another doesn't. Is it a case of can't or won't?

TimBrown

Post by TimBrown » 14:24 Thursday 13th June 2019

I was trawling the web for any more information about First Bus sell-off and came across this link, it is just over a week old so many of you may already know about the meeting of shareholders on 25 June 2019. Perhaps the way forward will become clearer after this meeting?
https://www.proactiveinvestors.co.uk/co ... 21495.html

DD12

Post by DD12 » 15:16 Thursday 13th June 2019

Thanks v.much Tim for that info / link.

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 17:58 Thursday 13th June 2019

I got my invite to the share holders meeting in the post a couple of weeks ago, even though I sold all of my shares in 2006. 🙄

Return to “Fleet Discussion”