Double Deckers

Vehicle and Fleet discussions for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
DD12

Re: Double Deckers

Post by DD12 » 23:49 Thursday 5th December 2019

bmmoboy wrote:
19:01 Thursday 5th December 2019
The Tridents are going, somewhere, to be replaced by Geminis and two more Streetdecks.
If it is Essex, how they are going to get there is interesting, as Tridents are banned from Motorways, due to their tendency to self destruct by fire. I am running a book on how many will make it!
Thanks very much bmmoboy for your two very interesting posts today .

I had read on another forum that Leicester is apparently going to get four more StreetDecks to release their four Geminis to Worcester, so it will be interesting to see where the StreetDecks come from !!
My guess is that the two StreetDecks for WR will replace 32066 +67, but that leaves one Trident still to be replaced by something ( - although there's a risk of a further reduction of one DD, -
- which I would hate !)

willr7

Post by willr7 » 16:13 Friday 6th December 2019

bmmoboy wrote:
19:01 Thursday 5th December 2019
The Tridents are going, somewhere, to be replaced by Geminis and two more Streetdecks.
If it is Essex, how they are going to get there is interesting, as Tridents are banned from Motorways, due to their tendency to self destruct by fire. I am running a book on how many will make it!
Interestingly, It has been reported that South Yorkshire StreetDecks 35117 & 35131 arrived at Abbey Lane today. I wonder if they are on there way to WR or are two of the replacements for Leicester's Gemini's... :?:

Matt

Post by Matt » 22:10 Sunday 8th December 2019

Do I remember there being vehicles on loan in Manchester from First following the depot sales which are due to be returned, maybe some of these will provide either elsewhere in the group or directly to Leicester or Worcester (can’t remember what vehicles were involved.)

I may be completely off piste, just throwing it in there. :?:

willr7

Post by willr7 » 23:01 Sunday 8th December 2019

Matt wrote:
22:10 Sunday 8th December 2019
Do I remember there being vehicles on loan in Manchester from First following the depot sales which are due to be returned, maybe some of these will provide either elsewhere in the group or directly to Leicester or Worcester (can’t remember what vehicles were involved.)

Your are absolutely correct Matt, Diamond currently have vehicles on Temporary Loan from First. These include E400s & B7RLE’s. No idea where they will go once returned though...
(I think Go North West purchased the vehicles from first as part of the sale unlike Diamond)

winston

Post by winston » 10:48 Monday 9th December 2019

willr7 wrote:
23:01 Sunday 8th December 2019
Matt wrote:
22:10 Sunday 8th December 2019

Your are absolutely correct Matt, Diamond currently have vehicles on Temporary Loan from First. These include E400s & B7RLE’s. No idea where they will go once returned though...
(I think Go North West purchased the vehicles from first as part of the sale unlike Diamond)
A number of the E400's returned by DBNW to date have re-entered service with First South Yorkshire.

See Simon Dunn's latest response in his Q&A thread on WMB Forum, suggests a lot more will be returning early. Rotala are aiming to put 130 new buses in to Bolton during 2020 subject to agreement with TfGM..

http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=2074.2190

Return to “Fleet Discussion”