Double Deckers

Vehicle and Fleet discussions for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
Birmingham_Bus

Re: Double Deckers

Post by Birmingham_Bus » 20:09 Sunday 11th August 2019

More fleet movements for Midlands found on below link...
Potteries to gain 6 Enviro 400 Hybrids from Glasgow, where they will be converted to diesel and then stay permanently apparently. As to what they will replace I don’t know! The Gemini’s they have are all fairly presentable with most in 25 branded newer wedges style livery, and some even carry heritage liveries. The other 4 of a batch of 10 based at Scotstown are expected to follow in October following service revisions. The reason for transfer being reliability problems, which is understandable with these Enviro Hybrids, as East Yorkshire, Reading and Lothian have all had theirs converted already.

The real question that concerns me, and will concern DD12 no doubt :lol: is whether this will have any effect on Worcester’s deckers. Potteries are expecting Streetlites from Bolton
as we know too, and if the 9 MMCs are departing then 6 E400 Hybrids + 3 Streetlites would add up for that figure nicely

https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/fi ... 7/page-121

DD12

Post by DD12 » 21:03 Sunday 11th August 2019

Birmingham_Bus wrote:
20:09 Sunday 11th August 2019
More fleet movements for Midlands found on below link...
Potteries to gain 6 Enviro 400 Hybrids from Glasgow, where they will be converted to diesel and then stay permanently apparently. As to what they will replace I don’t know! The Gemini’s they have are all fairly presentable with most in 25 branded newer wedges style livery, and some even carry heritage liveries. The other 4 of a batch of 10 based at Scotstown are expected to follow in October following service revisions. The reason for transfer being reliability problems, which is understandable with these Enviro Hybrids, as East Yorkshire, Reading and Lothian have all had theirs converted already.

The real question that concerns me, and will concern DD12 no doubt :lol: is whether this will have any effect on Worcester’s deckers. Potteries are expecting Streetlites from Bolton
as we know too, and if the 9 MMCs are departing then 6 E400 Hybrids + 3 Streetlites would add up for that figure nicely

https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/fi ... 7/page-121
Thanks v.much Birmingham_Bus for that interesting news !
I would NOT be happy if FMR got more than 2 old B7TLs from Potteries
as a result ! --
-- if we are to get 11 more OLD Mercedes Citaros (2007/8), and old Volvo B7TL Geminis from Potteries, it increases the risk that FMR will be sold a cheap and nasty operator like Diamond !
:cry:

Birmingham_Bus

Post by Birmingham_Bus » 21:16 Saturday 21st September 2019

Any reason why all the Streetdecks were in the depot today??
4 Tridents and both B7TLs out on 30 and 44 (according to bustimes ;) )

One is hoping that a Trident or two pop up on the Bromsgrove-Worcester Rail Reps next weekend, if of course First are running them!

DD12

Post by DD12 » 21:39 Saturday 21st September 2019

Birmingham_Bus wrote:
21:16 Saturday 21st September 2019
Any reason why all the Streetdecks were in the depot today??
4 Tridents and both B7TLs out on 30 and 44 (according to bustimes ;) )

I spotted that too, Birmingham_Bus !

The last time that happened (I think) they were having their "Malverns decoration" updated -- "up-to 7 buses per hour" was changed to "up-to 4 buses per hour" :D

DD12

Post by DD12 » 19:58 Tuesday 24th September 2019

32648 from the Potteries is parked on the patch tonight.

It looked quite smart (in the latest livery) in the lighting that was available.

Any factual reports about what it's doing here would be welcome.

8-)

Birmingham_Bus

Post by Birmingham_Bus » 20:41 Tuesday 24th September 2019

DD12 wrote:
19:58 Tuesday 24th September 2019
32648 from the Potteries is parked on the patch tonight.

It looked quite smart (in the latest livery) in the lighting that was available.

Any factual reports about what it's doing here would be welcome.

8-)
Just a prediction than a fact, but it could be for those WMR Rail Reps I’ve mentioned a few times that are on this weekend from Bromsgrove to Worcester :?:
Worcester had 37158 and some Leicester Streetdecks for similar work in 2016, which is what makes me think this.

OR, it could be that it’s a transfer from Potteries, as they have recently received some more Streetlites (from Manchester I think) which may have rendered some buses surplus, allowing the Tridents to move on as mentioned before. I don’t think this is the case though, as it’s branded for the 25 service I believe.

Someone else may have actual info for you DD12 but thought I’d share my thoughts ;)

DD12

Post by DD12 » 20:53 Tuesday 24th September 2019

Thanks Birmingham_Bus, -- -- and someone on the wmbusphotos forum saw it being towed down here yesterday, so it might be here for repairs (as have been done many times at Worcester) -- but also, some of us will be aware that First quite often move their vehicles by towing or low-loader when they are NOT broken !!! :)

Charliedaffin

Post by Charliedaffin » 18:16 Saturday 28th September 2019

Saw a streetdeck without any exterior branding apart from the livery but i couldnt catch the fleet number, does anyone know which unit it is and whats happening to it

Mechwr26

Post by Mechwr26 » 19:27 Saturday 28th September 2019

Charliedaffin wrote:
18:16 Saturday 28th September 2019
Saw a streetdeck without any exterior branding apart from the livery but i couldnt catch the fleet number, does anyone know which unit it is and whats happening to it
Yep its 35157....

Charliedaffin

Post by Charliedaffin » 19:30 Saturday 28th September 2019

Thanks, looks a bit strange without the faces on the back in my opinion, wonder why its debranded though :?:

Return to “Fleet Discussion”