FMR: Refurbs and Repaints

Vehicle and Fleet discussions for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
MattW

Re: FMR: Refurbs and Repaints

Post by MattW » 16:40 Tuesday 22nd October 2019

Can anyone tell me why it seems that First are putting money into branding and repaints in some areas, yet some are being cut to nothing? I appreciate some routes will always be more profitable than others, but would it not be better to lose the costs of brandings and associated marketing and maybe put the money into keeping up some of the other routes which are important to the people that use them? Forgive my lack of commercial knowledge!

TimBrown

Post by TimBrown » 17:43 Tuesday 22nd October 2019

MattW wrote:
16:40 Tuesday 22nd October 2019
Can anyone tell me why it seems that First are putting money into branding and repaints in some areas, yet some are being cut to nothing? I appreciate some routes will always be more profitable than others, but would it not be better to lose the costs of brandings and associated marketing and maybe put the money into keeping up some of the other routes which are important to the people that use them? Forgive my lack of commercial knowledge!
Matt I agree with everything you say but the cynic in me reckons that putting money into marketing already profitable routes would yield a small percentage increase in revenue and a pat on the back for the marketing section, whereas the same money put into the failing routes would probably result in these making a smaller loss, but still a loss, putting the instigator in the firing line and I mean the certainty of being fired! I also reckon the car is so much more comfortable, ready and waiting outside your door and it can take you wherever you wish to go without having to wait for ages in inclement weather for unreliable buses; i.e. it gives you convenient independence 24/7.

marck

Post by marck » 22:21 Tuesday 22nd October 2019

Saw these photos on Facebook courtesy of McKenna brothers of 53065
Attachments
FB_IMG_1571779206682.jpg
FB_IMG_1571779209211.jpg

willr7

Post by willr7 » 17:07 Wednesday 23rd October 2019

I’m pleased to announce that 53065 has been out on the 31 this afternoon (since 14:15) :D

Matt

Post by Matt » 22:35 Wednesday 23rd October 2019

In a similar manner to Kingfisher branding for route 32 in Staffordshire, no visible First branding, are they ashamed of the company name or something :mrgreen:

Could be confusing for those with city wide First tickets if they don’t know!

bmmoboy

Post by bmmoboy » 08:05 Thursday 24th October 2019

I don't go much on branding of vehicles - most passengers just want a bus to turn up on time and be clean inside (and warm in winter) - they don't care a jot what colour it is

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 14:38 Monday 28th October 2019

I was told today that the second bus to get Riverside branding was to have been 53155, but this has been very unreliable and will probably end up going for scrap. Because of this they are currently undecided which bus will be the next for paint.

After the Riverside branding is finished, the next service to be treated will be the 44. If anyone has suggestions on the theme, post them up and I will pass them on the marketing in Potteries. They already have a few ideas, but if something better is suggested your idea could be on the side of a bus!

bmmoboy

Post by bmmoboy » 15:34 Monday 28th October 2019

In Dorset they have the Jurassic Coaster, due to it going past a lot of old fossils, I won't say any more!!

Charliedaffin

Post by Charliedaffin » 16:14 Monday 28th October 2019

AdamH wrote:
14:38 Monday 28th October 2019
After the Riverside branding is finished, the next service to be treated will be the 44. If anyone has suggestions on the theme, post them up and I will pass them on the marketing in Potteries. They already have a few ideas, but if something better is suggested your idea could be on the side of a bus!
Well, youve got the ‘riversider‘ so you might aswell have the ‘countrysider’ or the ‘hillsider’ :lol:

MattW

Post by MattW » 16:17 Monday 28th October 2019

With the connection to the Malvern water treatments of Victorian times, how about 'The Cure'?
Lipstick and slightly gothy 80s music not required :lol:

Return to “Fleet Discussion”