FMR: Refurbs and Repaints

Vehicle and Fleet discussions for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
willr7

Re: FMR: Refurbs and Repaints

Post by willr7 » 17:58 Monday 28th October 2019

Charliedaffin wrote:
16:14 Monday 28th October 2019
AdamH wrote:
14:38 Monday 28th October 2019
After the Riverside branding is finished, the next service to be treated will be the 44. If anyone has suggestions on the theme, post them up and I will pass them on the marketing in Potteries. They already have a few ideas, but if something better is suggested your idea could be on the side of a bus!
Well, youve got the ‘riversider‘ so you might aswell have the ‘countrysider’ or the ‘hillsider’ :lol:
I like the idea of the Hillsider! But I also like the current ‘Malverns to Worcester’ logos so maybe keep them but with a variation of the urban livery with a different colour scheme ;)

willr7

Post by willr7 » 18:03 Monday 28th October 2019

AdamH wrote:
I was told today that the second bus to get Riverside branding was to have been 53155, but this has been very unreliable and will probably end up going for scrap. Because of this they are currently undecided which bus will be the next for paint.

After the Riverside branding is finished, the next service to be treated will be the 44. If anyone has suggestions on the theme, post them up and I will pass them on the marketing in Potteries. They already have a few ideas, but if something better is suggested your idea could be on the side of a bus!
That’s a shame about 53155 as that would go nicely with 53065! Could parts/engine be donated from our 53061/2 to bring it up to scratch like what has previously been done with various solos at Worcester? I guess our engineers have already tried working on her - mechwr26? :D

I presume the new 44 branding will be put on the next batch of Citaro’s (if they are still transferring here in the new year?)

asb

Post by asb » 19:55 Tuesday 29th October 2019

Would something like "The Malvernian Link" be suitable?

DD12

Post by DD12 » 21:14 Tuesday 29th October 2019

I have for a long time fancied a green livery for the 44 (similar or same colours as the Salt Road) -- --
that's because of the scenic area that "the Malverns" is, and to emphasise the green credentials of the bus, and to encourage travellers to "be green".

However, if it's true that FMR is to replace the Euro6 StreetLite Maxes with old Mercedes Citaros (Euro 4?), I'd say "don't bother then !"

Also, I think the £6.50 day-return fare for occasional users -- between Crowngate and Malvern (Link; Great Malvern, and Link Top), is far too much !
(and especially for occasional users between Saint Johns and Malvern Link !)

It puts me off using it, and when I told a family member "how much", she was shocked !

When the StreetDecks were introduced, the daytime service was every 10 mins (I believe),
whereas now it's every 20 minutes.
To be totally honest, I think that daytime frequency is now about right, and that the separation of the London Road section was essential, BUT only justifiable if departures from Crowngate are now going to be very reliable (maximum practical flexibility at Crowngate, and therefore the maximum number of buses in the wrong livery :lol: )

Charliedaffin

Post by Charliedaffin » 21:38 Tuesday 29th October 2019

This is just a hunch, but i think it will be a purply colour as represented by the recently replaced signs at the 44 stand in crowngate. But a nice green ‘the hillsider’ livery certainly would be nice, it could also resemble how the 144 used to go to malvern!

bringstybeast

Post by bringstybeast » 22:21 Tuesday 29th October 2019

Anne Diamond was born in Malvern. I'm sure naming the route after her and painting the buses blue would be popular.

TimBrown

Post by TimBrown » 05:57 Wednesday 30th October 2019

Why not go back to the future with a nice Midland Red livery with cream trim and gold lettering on the red! I think everyone appreciates 33404 in heritage livery, it stands out from all the blue purple and green of the other Firstbus vehicles. As for logo, I also think the current Malvern Hills graphic is ideal and would benefit from being slightly larger i.e. more prominent.

However, I do agree with BMMO's comments elsewhere that customers are probably not too concerned with the external appearance and would rather have a reliable frequent bus service provided by clean buses that are warm in winter with a restful comfortable (good legroom) ambience inside!

Charliedaffin

Post by Charliedaffin » 10:24 Thursday 31st October 2019

Just saw an streetlite with worcester city branding, i didnt catch the fleet number though

Mechwr26

Post by Mechwr26 » 02:15 Friday 1st November 2019

willr7 wrote:
18:03 Monday 28th October 2019
AdamH wrote:
I was told today that the second bus to get Riverside branding was to have been 53155, but this has been very unreliable and will probably end up going for scrap. Because of this they are currently undecided which bus will be the next for paint.
That’s a shame about 53155 as that would go nicely with 53065! Could parts/engine be donated from our 53061/2 to bring it up to scratch like what has previously been done with various solos at Worcester? I guess our engineers have already tried working on her - mechwr26? :D
53155 has turned out to be a Turkey made from several different donor buses, none of which were really suitable. It does run now but unfortunately whoever decided to rewire it using an unsuitable wiring loom failed to notice that the Mercedes diagnostic socket was missing and there doesn't appear to be anywhere that we can connect any sort of test equipment to it. Its apparently going to be towed back to Stoke....

willr7

Post by willr7 » 12:01 Saturday 2nd November 2019

Charliedaffin wrote:
10:24 Thursday 31st October 2019
Just saw an streetlite with worcester city branding, i didnt catch the fleet number though
Interesting, was it a Streetlite DF or Streetlite Max? :?:

Return to “Fleet Discussion”