More Mercedes Ciratos

Vehicle and Fleet discussions for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
TimBrown

Re: More Mercedes Ciratos

Post by TimBrown » 11:59 Thursday 25th April 2019

bmmoboy wrote:
22:41 Tuesday 23rd April 2019
Update fro the MD - there are NINE Mercedes to come to Worcester, all to be refurbished -I didn't find out where they are coming from.
How will the removal of Euro V and Euro VI exhaust emission rated Streetlite vehicles and replacement with Citaros built between 2002 and 2008 rated at Euro III help in reducing the dangerous levels of pollution found in the City centre by Worcester City Council and reported in the attached link from December 2018 article?

https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/17 ... ment-area/

Particularly worrying is the exclusive use of Citaros on the 35 through the highly polluted Lowesmoor and Rainbow Hill areas. Or have all the Citaros been upgraded to Euro 6 since being put into service? Shouldn't all cities and towns benefit from Nationwide laws on permitted emissions rather than in specific locations such as Leicester and Birmingham? Why will railway DMUs and large diesel locomotives rated at Euro IIIA be allowed to spew out heavy black smoke in said restriction zones when buses, lorries and cars are banned below Euro 6?

marck

Post by marck » 13:12 Thursday 25th April 2019

I also find it out they're replacing with older vehicles especially as pollution levels in the city centre are dangerously high and all buses have to go through there to get back to the depot. Wouldn't it be better to keep streetmax's ir replace with new buses to reduce this problem?

willr7

Post by willr7 » 13:21 Thursday 25th April 2019

Unfortunately it seems First will only upgrade engines unless they get the necessary funding! So it seems that at present it is only the 2 ‘Spare Bus’ Mercedes that will be upgraded to Euro 6 like the Salt Road’s as they have received funding for those 14 vehicles.

I agree with all the above statements, also it seems areas with LEZs or ULEZs will improve but areas that do not have these new restrictions will get worse and this proves it! The only reason that our Streetlite Max’s are needed elsewhere is because of the Leicester LEZ which therefore in my eyes makes no improvement unless Worcester too get new buses as it will just be a constant shift of older polluting vehicles moving to other areas! Rant over! :lol:

Birmingham_Bus

Post by Birmingham_Bus » 20:38 Thursday 25th April 2019

bmmoboy wrote:
22:41 Tuesday 23rd April 2019
Update fro the MD - there are NINE Mercedes to come to Worcester, all to be refurbished -I didn't find out where they are coming from.
Random thought came to me earlier, could these be from Yourbus Derby. They were advertising some for sale last year in a magazine, pretty sure they haven’t sold them yet.
If so, they could be either the 64 plates - there are 10 of them though, or they could be slightly older ones, a mix of 62 and 13 plates. I am VERY excited by more Citaros at Worcester, literally the best thing that could have happened for the depot imho, goodbye Street*ites :D

Matt

Post by Matt » 23:12 Saturday 4th May 2019

Maybe the greens now they have more control at the city council might consider it a good idea to put forward a ‘green agenda’ for Worcester and stop it from being a dumping ground for dirty buses!

Oh and more importantly generally see what can be done to sort out the city’s transport system both in terms of public transport provision improvements and more general road improvements to reduce congestion and thus pollution) :lol:

Or maybe I’m being too optimistic about party representation making any difference to how councils enact policy. :o

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 09:34 Sunday 5th May 2019

Matt wrote:
23:12 Saturday 4th May 2019
Maybe the greens now they have more control at the city council might consider it a good idea to put forward a ‘green agenda’ for Worcester and stop it from being a dumping ground for dirty buses!

Oh and more importantly generally see what can be done to sort out the city’s transport system both in terms of public transport provision improvements and more general road improvements to reduce congestion and thus pollution) :lol:
This is a very good point... Although the Local Authorities will be no less strapped for cash after the elections, so I think it's unlikely we'll see any sweeping changes in the near future.

Birmingham_Bus

Post by Birmingham_Bus » 17:00 Wednesday 15th May 2019

Any more news on these extra Citaros Worcester are getting ? I asked on another forum and was told that Leicester aren’t expecting any of Worcester’s Streetlites - they are expecting Streetlites and Volvos from West of England, and I think some Streetlites from South Yorkshire.

willr7

Post by willr7 » 18:46 Thursday 16th May 2019

Birmingham_Bus wrote:
17:00 Wednesday 15th May 2019
Any more news on these extra Citaros Worcester are getting ? I asked on another forum and was told that Leicester aren’t expecting any of Worcester’s Streetlites - they are expecting Streetlites and Volvos from West of England, and I think some Streetlites from South Yorkshire.
We should definitely be getting the Citaros as the MD has already confirmed it.
“Update from the MD - there are NINE Mercedes to come to Worcester, all to be refurbished -I didn't find out where they are coming from.”

Therefore, the 9 StreetLite Max’s (or maybe another vehicle type) will have to leave in return! :D Unless Worcester are expecting a PVR increase of 9 vehicles (which would be nice but probably not the case) :lol:

You are certainly correct with the volvo B7RLE’s from First west of England as 2 have already showed up at Leicester. I think they are only getting 5 of them (not to sure?)

I think Leicester are only replacing the older vehicles such as the 2002 B7L’s. The newer vehicles that are not already Euro 6 will probably be upgraded. There are about 20 B7L’s at Leicester so with our 9 StreetLite’s + FWE’s 5 Volvo’s that makes 14 vehicles so that leaves 6 vehicles so as you suggested maybe a mix of six Streetlite’s grim FWE or FSY.

Hope this helps! :D

Birmingham_Bus

Post by Birmingham_Bus » 07:40 Friday 17th May 2019

willr7 wrote:
18:46 Thursday 16th May 2019
Birmingham_Bus wrote:
17:00 Wednesday 15th May 2019
We should definitely be getting the Citaros as the MD has already confirmed it.
“Update from the MD - there are NINE Mercedes to come to Worcester, all to be refurbished -I didn't find out where they are coming from.”

Therefore, the 9 StreetLite Max’s (or maybe another vehicle type) will have to leave in return! :D Unless Worcester are expecting a PVR increase of 9 vehicles (which would be nice but probably not the case) :lol:

You are certainly correct with the volvo B7RLE’s from First west of England as 2 have already showed up at Leicester. I think they are only getting 5 of them (not to sure?)

I think Leicester are only replacing the older vehicles such as the 2002 B7L’s. The newer vehicles that are not already Euro 6 will probably be upgraded. There are about 20 B7L’s at Leicester so with our 9 StreetLite’s + FWE’s 5 Volvo’s that makes 14 vehicles so that leaves 6 vehicles so as you suggested maybe a mix of six Streetlite’s grim FWE or FSY.

Hope this helps! :D
Thanks Will :) Was just a bit confused with all the different rumours going round for what Leicester’s getting :lol: Some people have suggested that most of FWEs remaining 12 WX59s will be leaving, though with all the loans they have at the moment, I cant see it happening too quickly, but it would add up better for 20 with Worcester’s Streetlites !

Charliedaffin

Post by Charliedaffin » 07:03 Friday 31st May 2019

Whith all this talk of firstbus being sold, does anyone know if we are still getting these citaros?

Return to “Fleet Discussion”