More Mercedes Ciratos

Vehicle and Fleet discussions for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
willr7

Re: More Mercedes Ciratos

Post by willr7 » 07:42 Friday 31st May 2019

Charliedaffin wrote:
07:03 Friday 31st May 2019
Whith all this talk of firstbus being sold, does anyone know if we are still getting these citaros?
I would imagine that it will still happen as any breakup/sale of First bus divisions won’t happen overnight, especially if depots are sold off separately to other operators. :?

Charliedaffin

Post by Charliedaffin » 08:16 Friday 31st May 2019

willr7 wrote:
07:42 Friday 31st May 2019
Charliedaffin wrote:
07:03 Friday 31st May 2019
Whith all this talk of firstbus being sold, does anyone know if we are still getting these citaros?
I would imagine that it will still happen as any breakup/sale of First bus divisions won’t happen overnight, especially if depots are sold off separately to other operators. :?
Ah ok, i was just wondering because apparently they are being refurbished,and i didnt know if first would be willing to spend money on refurbishments when they are about to sell off

willr7

Post by willr7 » 08:19 Friday 31st May 2019

Charliedaffin wrote:
08:16 Friday 31st May 2019
willr7 wrote:
07:42 Friday 31st May 2019

Ah ok, i was just wondering because apparently they are being refurbished,and i didnt know if first would be willing to spend money on refurbishments when they are about to sell off
It is a good point about not wanting to spend on the refurb. On the other hand continued investment into the fleet and into refurbished buses will make the depot more appealing to future operators and potentially add value to the depot.
I don’t know the figures so it’s just a presumption from me I’m afraid :roll: :lol:

willr7

Post by willr7 » 08:31 Friday 31st May 2019

But then again our 9 newer Streetlite Max’s would probably have a higher value than 9 citaro’s even if they were to be refurbished. But if the Streetlites are needed elsewhere then alternative vehicles are needed so...

Just more speculation :roll: :lol:

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 08:44 Friday 31st May 2019

I would imagine Worcester (and Stoke) would not people queuing up to buy, unlike places such as Leicester and Bristol, so Group will want to de-value the fleet as much as possible to get the asking price down. Much like they did with Kidderminster and Redditch a few years ago, and have already been doing at Worcester for the last few year.

I would expect to see anything with a high book value (StreetLites and StreetDecks etc) moved to depots that are desirable to buyers, and replace with old vehicles with little or no book value.

Charliedaffin

Post by Charliedaffin » 09:12 Friday 31st May 2019

AdamH wrote:
08:44 Friday 31st May 2019
I would imagine Worcester (and Stoke) would not people queuing up to buy, unlike places such as Leicester and Bristol, so Group will want to de-value the fleet as much as possible to get the asking price down. Much like they did with Kidderminster and Redditch a few years ago, and have already been doing at Worcester for the last few year.

I would expect to see anything with a high book value (StreetLites and StreetDecks etc) moved to depots that are desirable to buyers, and replace with old vehicles with little or no book value.
Im guessing then that that means our dds will not be replaced as mentioned on another post

willr7

Post by willr7 » 13:50 Friday 31st May 2019

AdamH wrote:
08:44 Friday 31st May 2019

Thanks Adam, that makes more sense now! It a shame it ends like this as it means Worcester is left with old polluting buses which won’t be replaced unless a new operator is committed to investing in new vehicles straight away. :roll:

Brendan

Post by Brendan » 23:26 Friday 31st May 2019

It's more likely that any potential purchasers would be looking first to the substantial piece of land the depot occupies, the flagship routes (44, 144, 35?) Before looking at the fleet. The annual results put Worcester close to if not bottom in terms of revenue and profit? That, coupled with chronic congestion and a cash strapped council with a lack of vision towards integrated transport makes Worcester a hard sell.

willr7

Post by willr7 » 22:39 Thursday 18th July 2019

Birmingham_Bus wrote:
20:38 Thursday 25th April 2019
bmmoboy wrote:
22:41 Tuesday 23rd April 2019
Update fro the MD - there are NINE Mercedes to come to Worcester, all to be refurbished -I didn't find out where they are coming from.
Random thought came to me earlier, could these be from Yourbus Derby. They were advertising some for sale last year in a magazine, pretty sure they haven’t sold them yet.
If so, they could be either the 64 plates - there are 10 of them though, or they could be slightly older ones, a mix of 62 and 13 plates. I am VERY excited by more Citaros at Worcester, literally the best thing that could have happened for the depot imho, goodbye Street*ites :D
Rotala/Diamond has now purchased the ten 64 plate examples for use at the Bolton depot (purchased off First Greater Manchester) So these vehicles can now be ruled out of the equation. Maybe the mix of 62 and 13 plates could still be on the cards for First Worcester... Or maybe when Worcester's Streetlite's eventually leave for Leicester then they will just be replaced with older (more polluting) vehicles from Leicester or elsewhere within First group which have been replaced by newer vehicles... :?

Return to “Fleet Discussion”