StreetDeck breakdowns

Vehicle and Fleet discussions for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
DD12

StreetDeck breakdowns

Post by DD12 » 17:42 Wednesday 18th January 2017

A StreetDeck was broken down at Powick this afternoon, about 4PM.
According to my passenger it was 35158.

I hope that First will apply maximum pressure to Wrightbus to "sort" their recent vehicles (and demand an extension to the warranty).

I've got the impression that the StreetDecks are breaking down more often than the StreetLites - ??

(As I've done a large amount of whingeing lately, I would like to say that I like the way the new livery looks when very dirty, with the purple-pink-cerise front presenting a "warm and friendly face" to the public). ;)

AdamH

Re: StreetDeck breakdowns

Post by AdamH » 20:02 Wednesday 18th January 2017

I was heading up Bath Road on a 332 today and met 63366 being towed back to the garage, so I guess StreetLites and StreetDecks are equal today.

bmmoboy

Post by bmmoboy » 21:16 Wednesday 18th January 2017

The StreetDeck was suffering from a coolant issue - I was on a following service and ended up picking up a double load of passengers!!

MattW

Post by MattW » 21:34 Thursday 19th January 2017

Saw some friends tonight for dinner they mentioned seeing the broken down StreetDeck - apparently driver was pacing up and down on the phone while the passengers glared at him :D

Mechwr26

Post by Mechwr26 » 22:52 Sunday 12th February 2017

We have very little trouble with any of our Streetdecks at Worcester. They are very reliable compared to the Streetmax. The low coolant warning on one of them has suffered in the past with a very intermittent fault but as far as I'm aware this has not been an issue recently.
There is a coolant level sight window which is easily checked when a driver is doing his or her walkround check..... ;)

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 16:00 Monday 13th February 2017

As a driver, the StreetDecks are miles better than the StreetLites and StreetLite Max. I've only ever had one issue with a Deck (reported elsewhere on this forum) but the single-decks seem to have an endless list of minor and not so minor problems.

Meanwhile at Leicester, I'm told the StreetDecks are so unreliable there were THREE buses on loan from WriteBus at one point last year to cover for their brand new buses being off the road.

Return to “Fleet Discussion”