FMR Fleet Movements

Vehicle and Fleet discussions for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
AdamH

Re: FMR Fleet Movements

Post by AdamH » 08:11 Saturday 19th August 2017

Mr DD12, has anyone ever told you that you are obsessed with double decks? I really hope you don't have a weak heart as there will be a story breaking in October that may well finish you off! :o

Anyway, back to the here and now... With the arrival of the 59-reg Volvos for use on 144, that route will be converted back to single-deck only. A huge disappointment for some I know, but bear with me on this as there is method in their madness. You'll just have to wait and see what it is!

As previously pointed out (most likely by DD12), this will leave the school double-decks (the Tridents) with not much to do between schools. Because of the low bridges in the City, there are limited options for where they can be used, so don't expect to see them on the 35, 36 or 38 etc. In theory they can now be used on the 33 and 34 since the last bridge was removed, but there is still an uneasy feeling after the Olympian accident on Tolladine Road so that is unlikely.

At the moment, the 30 route is linked to the 31 and operated with Solos due to the weak bridge in Comer Road. These two routes will be worked independently from the October changes so expect to see more doubles on the 30. Likewise, the 37 is currently linked to the 36 and some 332 journeys, and while I haven't been specifically told they are to be separated I believe that is the plan.

The 32 is also a prime candidate for double-decks, but looking at the new timetable I see a lot of "32" journeys are really 52, 53, 54, 332 and 333 journeys passing through. Personally I don't like these composite timetables as having six route numbers up the same bit of road really does confuse passengers and does little to improve reliability, but with low passenger numbers on the rural services it is the only way to make them viable.

Reece S

Post by Reece S » 15:59 Monday 21st August 2017

AdamH wrote:
08:11 Saturday 19th August 2017
Mr DD12, has anyone ever told you that you are obsessed with double decks? I really hope you don't have a weak heart as there will be a story breaking in October that may well finish you off! :o

Anyway, back to the here and now... With the arrival of the 59-reg Volvos for use on 144, that route will be converted back to single-deck only. A huge disappointment for some I know, but bear with me on this as there is method in their madness. You'll just have to wait and see what it is!

As previously pointed out (most likely by DD12), this will leave the school double-decks (the Tridents) with not much to do between schools. Because of the low bridges in the City, there are limited options for where they can be used, so don't expect to see them on the 35, 36 or 38 etc. In theory they can now be used on the 33 and 34 since the last bridge was removed, but there is still an uneasy feeling after the Olympian accident on Tolladine Road so that is unlikely.

At the moment, the 30 route is linked to the 31 and operated with Solos due to the weak bridge in Comer Road. These two routes will be worked independently from the October changes so expect to see more doubles on the 30. Likewise, the 37 is currently linked to the 36 and some 332 journeys, and while I haven't been specifically told they are to be separated I believe that is the plan.

The 32 is also a prime candidate for double-decks, but looking at the new timetable I see a lot of "32" journeys are really 52, 53, 54, 332 and 333 journeys passing through. Personally I don't like these composite timetables as having six route numbers up the same bit of road really does confuse passengers and does little to improve reliability, but with low passenger numbers on the rural services it is the only way to make them viable.
Could this mean a decker making it on to the 144 could soon be classed as a rare working? And could I stick my neck out on the line here and say that this could free up a opportunity to possible sent one of the 54 plate Tridents for repaint/refurb.

willr7

Post by willr7 » 22:36 Monday 21st August 2017

Could this mean a decker making it on to the 144 could soon be classed as a rare working? And could I stick my neck out on the line here and say that this could free up a opportunity to possible sent one of the 54 plate Tridents for repaint/refurb.
I don't see why not, I too would love to see one of the tridents in the new livery! I'm still wondering weather the 59 plates will be branded for the 144 or just carry the standard (new) livery

MattW

Post by MattW » 19:47 Tuesday 22nd August 2017

AdamH wrote:
08:11 Saturday 19th August 2017

:shock:

I hope its good news!

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 17:02 Wednesday 23rd August 2017

I'm told we are expecting Solo 53802 to arrive at Worcester on Saturday. On Tuesday I will be heading to Ledbury in a Solo to teach the routes to the drivers that have been chosen to operate the contracts. I've been asked not to take 53802 because "it's the only one we've got and we don't want you to break it" :o

Expect photos of a First Solo in Ledbury for Driver Training by Wednesday... No idea which one!

SEVERNLINK

Post by SEVERNLINK » 17:28 Wednesday 23rd August 2017

AdamH wrote:
19:31 Thursday 17th August 2017
66305 may be finally on the road in service tomorrow. The engine work has been finished and later tonight it will be taken for a test drive by the engineers. Fingers crossed!
Don't know if 66305 has been out much but saw it on a 144A this afternoon.

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 17:45 Wednesday 23rd August 2017

Really? I didn't realise it had been out in service at all. Today could well have been it's first day in service then. I did see it with an engineer at the wheel at around lunch time and assumed it was on further testing.

marck

Post by marck » 18:40 Wednesday 23rd August 2017

I saw it on the 10am 37 from bevere this morning

bmmoboy

Post by bmmoboy » 22:04 Wednesday 23rd August 2017

It was out on Monday on 33's and 34's

SEVERNLINK

Post by SEVERNLINK » 23:33 Wednesday 23rd August 2017

It was the 1515 Worcester-Catshill that I saw it on.Saw 32067 earlier in the day broken down so could have taken over it's workings.

Return to “Fleet Discussion”