FMR Fleet Movements

Vehicle and Fleet discussions for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
Reece S

Re: FMR Fleet Movements

Post by Reece S » 00:18 Monday 25th September 2017

Was flicking though Facebook yesterday evening and come across some side shots of one of the newly refurbished Volvo B7RLE at Thorntons yard in a two tone green variation of the Urban 2 livery looks really impressive similar greens to those used in the Buses of Somerset livery. Just a shame they couldn't of gone for a modern twist on the MRW Red and Cream instead but still. :roll:
I might be wrong on this bit but from what I can make out on the pictures I have seen the seats have been retrimmed in half leather as the headrests look like light green leather. :mrgreen:

DD12

Post by DD12 » 21:51 Monday 25th September 2017

Reece S wrote:
00:18 Monday 25th September 2017
Was flicking though Facebook yesterday evening and come across some side shots of one of the newly refurbished Volvo B7RLE at Thorntons yard in a two tone green variation of the Urban 2 livery looks really impressive similar greens to those used in the Buses of Somerset livery. Just a shame they couldn't of gone for a modern twist on the MRW Red and Cream instead but still. :roll:
I might be wrong on this bit but from what I can make out on the pictures I have seen the seats have been retrimmed in half leather as the headrests look like light green leather. :mrgreen:
Thanks Reece - - that will have come as a shock to many of us :shock:

I've always "fancied" having most of Worcester's buses in a "tasteful" green livery ("tasteful but not drab").

I will take a bet that one will appear on the Thorntons stand at the Bus and Coach Show in early October (although I haven't heard anything to support that guess).

willr7

Post by willr7 » 22:47 Monday 25th September 2017

Gosh, it is a shock... I presumed they would be painted into Worcester’s now standard fuschia front livery. Not sure about green either :?

willr7

Post by willr7 » 10:47 Tuesday 26th September 2017

Just seen 69453 running the 551 service (got a picture too!) :D
https://www.flickr.com/photos/107981337 ... ed-public/

Also all the new timetables have been published on the first website (found under the “forthcoming” timetables section)

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 19:42 Tuesday 3rd October 2017

Rumour is that the ex-Leicester Volvos will start arriving at Worcester next week.

Although it should be noted it's been "next week" for at least two months now! :lol:

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 20:27 Thursday 5th October 2017

Worcester are expecting a double-deck to arrive "anytime now" (to quote the engineering manager). The vehicle will not enter regular service as it is not DDA compliant, and will be at the garage for maintenance work only. However, it is likely to turn a few heads when it arrives...

It was previously in service at Worcester, Kidderminster and Evesham depots, but that was a few years ago now. :o

DD12

Post by DD12 » 21:42 Tuesday 10th October 2017

AdamH wrote:
20:27 Thursday 5th October 2017
Worcester are expecting a double-deck to arrive "anytime now" (to quote the engineering manager). The vehicle will not enter regular service as it is not DDA compliant, and will be at the garage for maintenance work only. However, it is likely to turn a few heads when it arrives...

It was previously in service at Worcester, Kidderminster and Evesham depots, but that was a few years ago now. :o
:geek:

DD12

Post by DD12 » 14:40 Sunday 15th October 2017

AdamH wrote:
19:42 Tuesday 3rd October 2017
Rumour is that the ex-Leicester Volvos will start arriving at Worcester next week.

Although it should be noted it's been "next week" for at least two months now! :lol:
I'm surprised that, still, none of these have arrived yet -
I'm quite glad though, because it helps clarify that the new WR network, (including the new 50's) is to use the existing total number of vehicles, with no additional ones - ( - Slight risk that we could lose one or two ??)

However, I'm disappointed that new Malvern branding has not yet appeared on vehicles -
could someone (like Adam :D ) ask when and IF this is going to happen, please ?

Tomtom10112

Post by Tomtom10112 » 15:41 Sunday 15th October 2017

Who choose to move the route around Malvern Vale/ Belmont they say making it better for people to understand not really when people will have to check if buses are the one that going to change into a x43 from Great Malvern espacilly when they run late and also cutting buses from 20 mins to 30 mins in this area but gives everywhere else in Malvern 15 mins buses. And think of people in Albert park road when they get bus back from Great Malvern will have to walk from Belmont to Albert park road why don’t the managers ask people in this area what they would like

bmmoboy

Post by bmmoboy » 22:17 Thursday 19th October 2017

The first refurbished Volvo for the 144 has apparently arrived back - IN LEICESTER!! I suppose a spare driver will be found next week in the school holidays to collect it.

Return to “Fleet Discussion”