"Today's Bone Shaker"

Vehicle and Fleet discussions for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
DD12

"Today's Bone Shaker"

Post by DD12 » 19:35 Monday 22nd October 2018

….. is 66699 !

Just came back from Upton on this, and three times the front end made an incredibly loud explosive noise as it hit bumps in the road.
The third time, the driver got out to inspect it !

You would never guess it was a Volvo from the inside ( - shock absorbers shot to buggery I'd guess !)

Matt

Re: "Today's Bone Shaker"

Post by Matt » 17:50 Thursday 25th October 2018

My vote is for streetlight 63360 has such a vibration from the engine I thought I was sitting in a massage chair! ;)

The green Volvos generally are very comfy but what is it with the streetlights, much newer but don't seem to be anywhere near the same build quality

AdamH

Re: "Today's Bone Shaker"

Post by AdamH » 18:37 Thursday 25th October 2018

DD12 wrote:
19:35 Monday 22nd October 2018
….. is 66699 !

Just came back from Upton on this, and three times the front end made an incredibly loud explosive noise as it hit bumps in the road.
The third time, the driver got out to inspect it !

You would never guess it was a Volvo from the inside ( - shock absorbers shot to buggery I'd guess !)
I had the pleasure of 66699 the day after you posted this. The nose dug into the road as I exited Hanley Castle High School, which is very unusual, so I'm guessing the air suspension is riding too low. There were no other problems while I had the bus.

Return to “Fleet Discussion”