FMR Mercedes Citaro acquisitions

Vehicle and Fleet discussions for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
willr7

Re: FMR Mercedes Citaro acquisitions

Post by willr7 » 17:33 Friday 30th November 2018

Meanwhile, 53207 was also out in service today (don't know if this was it's first day out or not) It appeared to be showing a 'Potteries' route on the destination display when pictured at the Bus Station (so maybe just out on a test or something...)
Link to picture: https://www.flickr.com/photos/westmids- ... datetaken/

Charliedaffin

Post by Charliedaffin » 17:52 Friday 30th November 2018

willr7 wrote:
17:28 Friday 30th November 2018
Charliedaffin wrote:
19:47 Saturday 17th November 2018
Does anyone have a picture of 64021 in the new livery as I am curious to see how the nimrod livery looks on an older citaro
Here is a picture I have just found on Flickr (Taken today) of 64021.
Link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/westmids- ... datetaken/ :D
Thanks

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 20:42 Friday 30th November 2018

I'm told it is a lack of ticket machine base-plates available at the moment that is slowing down the entry into service.

willr7

Post by willr7 » 21:38 Friday 30th November 2018

AdamH wrote:
20:42 Friday 30th November 2018
I'm told it is a lack of ticket machine base-plates available at the moment that is slowing down the entry into service.
I see... Is that because they need a different type of base-plate due to teh fact they are different vehicles or are all fitted with the same type? Sorry I don't know much about the ticket machines... :lol:

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 09:16 Saturday 1st December 2018

I think they are the same type, but I guess the company only bought enough to meet their fleet capacity at the time, plus maybe a few spares. Also, you may have seen that the ticket machine sits on the cab door in the Citaro, and that makes the wiring a bit awkward.

I doubt they will want to buy an additional ten or so units only to have the same number spares once the Solos and Darts are withdrawn, so this may be a case of having to withdraw one vehicle at at time and wait half a day while the equipment is removed and fitted to the replacement, before moving on the next one.

willr7

Post by willr7 » 19:51 Saturday 1st December 2018

AdamH wrote:
09:16 Saturday 1st December 2018
I think they are the same type, but I guess the company only bought enough to meet their fleet capacity at the time, plus maybe a few spares. Also, you may have seen that the ticket machine sits on the cab door in the Citaro, and that makes the wiring a bit awkward.

I doubt they will want to buy an additional ten or so units only to have the same number spares once the Solos and Darts are withdrawn, so this may be a case of having to withdraw one vehicle at at time and wait half a day while the equipment is removed and fitted to the replacement, before moving on the next one.
Ahh, I see! It would definitely make sense to do what you suggest (withdrawing/replacing one at a time) However, A shame for the impatient of us who are eager to see them out in service! :lol:

Charliedaffin

Post by Charliedaffin » 20:30 Saturday 1st December 2018

willr7 wrote:
19:51 Saturday 1st December 2018
AdamH wrote:
09:16 Saturday 1st December 2018

Ahh, I see! It would definitely make sense to do what you suggest (withdrawing/replacing one at a time) However, A shame for the impatient of us who are eager to see them out in service! :lol:
If this where the case, that would mean there would be no unveiling event for the new nimrod branding as they would have to be introduced 1 by 1

bmmoboy

Post by bmmoboy » 20:41 Saturday 1st December 2018

I had 64016 this morning on six 35s. Absolutely fantastic. Smooth, light steering, superb brakes, the only thing wrong was the lack of cash trays. After four and a half hours driving, I felt as if I hadn't done anything, it was such a pleasure to drive. Lets hope the rest of the Citaros are the same. Its just a pity it was raining and there weren't any photographers about.

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 20:46 Saturday 1st December 2018

Charliedaffin wrote:
20:30 Saturday 1st December 2018
If this where the case, that would mean there would be no unveiling event for the new nimrod branding as they would have to be introduced 1 by 1
I'm not sure there is going to be a launch event. Not heard anything said about one.

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 20:47 Saturday 1st December 2018

bmmoboy wrote:
20:41 Saturday 1st December 2018
...After four and a half hours driving, I felt as if I hadn't done anything, it was such a pleasure to drive...
So if you have one of these, will you work more than 2 days a week? 🤣

Return to “Fleet Discussion”