Vehicle and Fleet discussions for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
DD12

Post by DD12 » 17:56 Saturday 13th January 2018

The other evening, I was on the Bath Road, and I (just-about) saw this bus approaching.
It was on the last 333 to Upton, but one could only see that when the bus was VERY close, as the lighting of the old dot-matrix screen was very dim - -

- when I first spotted it, I hardly realised it was a bus at all - partly because the lighting of the two decks was also dim.

Therefore anyone waiting for the 333 could have missed it (I think).
I wonder if the driver was looking-out for people stood at the bus-stops, and pulling-in if there was someone ??
- The Cathedral stop is "renowned" for buses failing to stop, even when intending passengers can SEE it's their bus coming, and stick their hand out !

The green Volvos are having their old LED display units removed, so is there any chance these could be fitted to FMR vehicles that need them ??

willr7

Re: 32066

Post by willr7 » 18:33 Saturday 20th January 2018

DD12 wrote:
17:56 Saturday 13th January 2018
The green Volvos are having their old LED display units removed, so is there any chance these could be fitted to FMR vehicles that need them ??
That's a good point. I'm sure they would still be in good condition too!

Return to “Fleet Discussion”