Forum Software Update

News and updates for the MidlandRed.net website.
AdamH

Forum Software Update

Post by AdamH » 11:17 Sunday 4th October 2020

Some of you may have noticed the forum and/or the main website was out of action for short periods on Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th October. This was due to me performing a long-overdue update to the software that powers the forum. We have gone from version 3.2.7 to 3.3.1, which is quite a big jump but is now the latest version.

All the work is done so there should be no more disruptions. However, it's impossible for me to test every function so if anyone spots a problem please do not assume I already know about it, as I probably don't. Please let me know so I can pull some more hair out trying to figure it out.

Thanks,

Adam.

ANDREW

Re: Forum Software Update

Post by ANDREW » 11:29 Sunday 4th October 2020

Thanks Adam for your continued efforts. I did have a bit of a shock earlier when clicking onto the site , I saw a message saying "fatal error" . . . . . . . :? :lol: :)

DD12

Post by DD12 » 12:57 Sunday 4th October 2020

https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/de ... st-4763664

I've discovered one improved function already, thanks Adam.

Also, I've put a link above about the demise of traveline to highlight the need for Worcestershire county council to massively upgrade their public transport information "offer".

I don't know if they have any plans, but I do think they need someone like you Adam !!

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 18:09 Sunday 4th October 2020

DD12 wrote:
12:57 Sunday 4th October 2020
I don't know if they have any plans, but I do think they need someone like you Adam !!
Well I'm currently in the market for a new job if you want to put in a good word! 😏

Return to “Site News & Updates”